01.06.2018 10:35
Kerioak
portfolio

I just spotted this in the gallery (and liked it).  I have no idea what it is about but am in awe of the colours and shapes on and around the ship(?) and love the fir trees - I have a thing about trees in paintings.  The only think that jars a little for me is the dark area at the base of the RH mountain, compared to the detail in the rest of the image it somehow looks unfinished

02.06.2018 08:22
David K Manuel
portfolio

Thanks Kerioak! I'm glad you like it. I have loved trees since forever. I agree with you about the base of the mountain, well, foothill really I suppose. I think it's missing some trees! More as a texture than a sense of individual trees I think. I'll have another go and post back here. Thanks again!

04.06.2018 12:56
David K Manuel
portfolio

Here's an update on that image. Thanks for encouraging me to look at it again. I've been moving fast trying to get all the images done for our release and a few things got left behind. I could noodle most images on and on, but sometimes there is a clear sense of unfinished business. :-)

I hope you like. 

04.06.2018 02:34
Kerioak
portfolio

Yes, that looks much more finished to me, I think you lightened the fire and flying rock whilst editing the foothils?   My eye now wanders around the image but keeps coming back to the fire and ship area instead of the blankish area.

06.06.2018 10:17
David K Manuel
portfolio

Yes that's right. I wanted to push those floating islands back from the trees as they were popping forward more than I wanted. And of course your excellent observation regarding the foothills below the mountain as well. Thank you for pushing me to improve. :-)