18.08.2018 06:03
cascadesjohn
portfolio

I've had some success printing photos on aluminum, they being crisp and colorful - - very attractive.  I'm wondering if someone would comment on the printing of Amberlight projects on photo paper and/or metal. Do you get exciting results that "pop off the surface," or is it something less? Of course, it depends on the hardware to a significant extent. I'm using a Mac mini and Canon Pro-10 photo printer. Thanks for any insights.

16.07.2020 09:31
MurryC
portfolio

Somewhat distinct--but related--question: Can I use the Rebelle paper textures as backgrounds for Amberlight images. If so, how?

Sounds weird, but using digital images on analog media shouldnt be too big a stretch?

17.07.2020 02:06
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hi @MurryC,

it is possible to import images to Amberlight 2 via the File menu. The imported image is placed on the "Image" layer in Layer panel which serves as a background. You can import any image here, including Rebelle paper image, however, please note, the papers are not designed to be used in other software outside Rebelle. They are small PNG images that you'd need to adjust to be tileable so that they cover the whole background in Amberlight 2.

17.07.2020 04:30
MurryC
portfolio

Thx for the info. "adjust to be tileable" how? If the PNG's are tiled in Rebelle, then tiling them would be a step-and-repeat process, or something more complicated?

17.07.2020 05:42
MurryC
portfolio

Appreciate the patience with my questions. I used a tileable image as a test and it imprted fine, so the basic is answered. Next ;-) - The Rebelle paper pages shows deckle edges, but the sample tiles you provide are square edged--as would be expected. Does rebelle add those or is deckle edge not part of the actual use case?

20.07.2020 11:28
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hi MurryC,

the deckled edges are created by Rebelle's internal code, just like the tiling of the paper.
Otherwise, as I believe you already noticed, the papers are "only" simple PNG files. The code is what makes them usable in R3 in such a unique form.