29.12.2018 12:57
ArtByBenjamin
portfolio

Last week I bought a Lenovo Miix 720, something like a Microsoft Surface, to be more portable when working. Rebelle is running lovely on it, but I've got one rather big issue. I'm using the pen (set to Windows Ink) and have touch on. Zooming, rotating with my vingers works great, but at times my fingers activate the smudge tool and it messes up my drawings. When I put a finger on the screen, the smudge tool gets activated. That is strange, since it should totally ignore my fingers unless I zoom or rotate or activate tools for the pen to use. I wondered if it was my device, but Sketchbook for example totally ignores my fingers and palm, unless I use it to do touch gestures. It doesn't do any drawing function, that's pen only. I can find a pen only setting in Rebelle at all, so I had to switch off touch completely, but that's kind of stupid.... having a device that can use touch features, but not being able to use it because drawing tools are activated by my fingers.

If I set my device to Wacom, it gets worse, then I'm even able to draw with my fingers as well as the pen. When I'm not carefully zooming in or out with my fingers or rotating my canvas, I've got all unwanted paint or lines on my canvas.

I'm not sure if you are aware of these issues, but it's very annoying that there's no pen only feature, restricting all drawing related features to pen only, while leaving zooming, rotating, tool selection and so on open for touch,

29.12.2018 01:21
ArtByBenjamin
portfolio

Okay, now I've figured out that the settings activate the smugding and I've switched it off. Now it activated painting instead with my fingers now. Is there anyway to keep drawing/painting to the pen only, but still have touch features for zoom and rotate?

04.01.2019 12:06
Andrea Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hello Benjamin,

We plan to fix this behavior. By the time, the workaround would be to set Touch to any non-destructive tool, such as "Move Canvas" in Rebelle Preferences.

Hope this helps your workflow!

08.01.2019 03:56
ArtByBenjamin
portfolio

Thanks, that will work indeed for now. Great to hear this will be addressed.

26.04.2019 02:28
ArtByBenjamin
portfolio

With the new update Rebelle is finally working well on my Lenovo Miix 720 in pen only mode. Thanks for adding the new feature with nore control.

26.04.2019 01:58
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Happy to hear that, thanks!