22.08.2019 05:38
SGans
portfolio

Hi. I got the FPC plugin installed. I can open the panel with the icon, but it does nothing. I'm using PSCC2019 on MacOS 10.13.6

22.08.2019 01:04
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hi @SGans,

please follow these instructions:

How to run Flame Painter Connect
--------------------------------

STEP 1: Run both Photoshop and Flame Painter.

STEP 2: In Photoshop create a new document from the menu: File -> New...

STEP 3: In Photoshop click from menu: Window -> Extensions -> Flame Painter Connect.
A new Flame Painter Connect panel on the right side of the screen appears.

How to export layers
--------------------

Export from Photoshop to Flame Painter:
Select a layer that you want to be exported to Flame Painter and click PS to FP button.
If you select an empty layer in Flame Painter, a layer from Photoshop will be exported to this empty layer,
otherwise, a new layer will be created.

Export from Flame Painter to Photoshop:
Select a layer you want to be exported to Photoshop and click button "PS" in the Layers panel,
or from the menu: Layer -> Export to Photoshop (shortcut Ctrl-F for Win, Cmd-F for Mac OS).
If you select an empty layer in Photoshop, a layer from Flame Painter will be exported to this empty layer,
otherwise, a new layer will be created.

Let me know whether you are able to export layers now. Thanks!

26.08.2019 12:21
SGans
portfolio

That is all exactly what I did. I had both PS and FP open. Had a PS document open. Got the FP panel, and clicked the icon. NOTHING HAPPENED. That's why I posted in this post. 

I can import to FP from a saved document, but can not use that back and forth function.

BTW - I CAN expoert to PS - but I can't just show my image in FP from PS.

This worked in FP3, but now no longer works. Please provide something more in depth as to how I can fix this.

03.09.2019 09:44
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hi @SGans,

have you reinstalled the plugin? The FP4 has a new plugin version which needs to be installed. You can download from here:
https://www.escapemotions.com/products/flamepainter/download/Flame_Painter_Connect.zip

Open the folder Flame_Painter_Connect_1.3.0 -> Flame Painter Connect PS_CC_2015-2019
In the Photoshop's main menu, select File > Scripts > Browse, and select the "Installer.jsx" file.

Let me know how the new plugin works.

24.09.2019 10:42
SGans
portfolio

Just got back to this. REinstallation seems to have worked. Thank you.

18.11.2019 06:36
zanzibarbob7
portfolio

I am now getting this message in Photoshop CC 2019, "flame painter connect extension could not be loaded because it was not properly signed."  I tried deleting the extension file fron PS folders and reinstalling, but no luck,  I also have PS 2020 and would like to work with it and FP4.  How may I solve this?

18.11.2019 06:44
zanzibarbob7
portfolio

I also tried the Uninstaller.jsx with the same results.  Then reinstalling.  Same result.

18.11.2019 09:48
zanzibarbob7
portfolio

This is the message I get.  I uninstalled from both PS 2020 and CC 2019, then reinstalled.  It shows up in both version with a single installation and I get this message in both versions.

19.11.2019 01:07
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hello @zanzibarbob7,

thank you, we'll look into this issue!

03.06.2020 10:21
andrejosephmartin
portfolio

I have a very similar issue.  when I click the export button in photoshop I get an error message. I also cannot import from flame painter into photoshop.