24.11.2020 02:38
Arthu
portfolio

on quick strokes i noticed a harsh staircase like tapering effect with brushes that have a high, pen pressure controlled, size variation value.

all rebelle 3 brushes seem to have this issue in combination with size variation but its most noticeable with the ink pens and acrylics.

it is most conspicious at the end of a line but can also happen at the start or the middle if the stroke has enough speed and pressure variation.

i use rebelle 3 v. 3.2.5 and a wacom intuous 3. at first i was worried the rather low 1024 pressure levels of the intuous 3 are the cause but with adobe photoshop or corel painter i don't run into this issue or its nowhere near as pronounced as with rebelle 3.

maybe someone with a more recent tablet and higher pressure levels can make a few test strokes to see if they also get a stair effect?

29.11.2020 01:23
Dreagthe
portfolio

Hi Arthu

Are you using Mac OS Big Sur? This is the same as problems I've encountered with the latest version of Rebelle 3 on Big Sur--see the Big Sur Performance thread. Veronika told me they'll let us know when there is a fix.

...Brett

29.11.2020 10:37
Arthu
portfolio

i'm on a windows 10 PC.