If you purchased Rebelle 1, you can upgrade to Rebelle 2 for a discounted price.
Make sure you have the latest release, subscribe to Newsletter or check time to time for update on this website.
There will be minor and major update releases. You can update an older version 1.x to 1.5.5 here.
Minor updates are for free. (v.1.1, v.1.2, ...)
Major upgrades are for a very reduced price. (v.2.0, v.3.0, ...)
- New Brush engine
- Custom Brushes
- Creative stencils and masking fluid
- Selection tools
- Layered PSD support
- Multi-touch gestures
- and much more ...
Changes & Fixes:
- Fixed touch gestures for Wacom and Ink devices on Windows
- Fixed compatibility with Wacom touch devices on Mac OS
- Added ‘Enable multitouch’ option to Preferences
- Pause Diffusion bug fixed
- Minor bug fixes
Changes & Fixes:
- Fixed the cursor position when painting
- Preferences - use mouse or pen position when painting
- Preferences - select Wacom device or Microsoft Ink device
- Fixed painting with Astropad tablet
- Fixed Dirty brush when painting after Clean brush
- Fit language translations into text boxes
Changes & Fixes:
- New languages included: French, Russian, Turkish
- Preparing: Japanese, Chinese, Finnish, Slovenian, Welsh
- Auto-update for language translations within application.
- Languages can be selected from menu -> Help -> Languages.
- Fixed cursor offset for some tablets.
- Fixed bug with multitouch for some tablets.
- Shortcuts for brush modes (Normal, Permanent, Dirty and Clean).
- You can choose the color also with "Dirty Brush".
- Changes in layer naming when merging layers.
- Mac OS texture visibility fix.
- Number edit box easier to use.
- Edit box slider can be changed with touch.
- Tablet rotation fixed.
- Tilting respects portrait/landscape orientation.
- Transform layer scale fixed.
- User interface minor changes.
- Default UI changed.
- New, more realistic paint blending for watercolors and acrylics
- New options for watercolors and acrylic - Permanent, Normal, Dirty and Clean brushes
- Lazy mouse for smoothing painting with mouse, finger or pen
- New options for Eraser to keep the layer wet when erasing
- Smudge tool, new option to smudge only wet parts of painting
- Dry tool, new option to keep layer a little bit wet when drying water
- All users brush settings are stored and reloaded when application is open
- Reset to default preset for all brushes and tools
- Active pressure pen eraser for Wacom and Surface Pro
- One finger can be set for any tool, brush or to move the canvas
- Touch gestures for Wacom, Surface and other tablets - rotate, move and resize layers easily with two fingers
- Translate layer - Keyboard shortcut "Shift" to lock layer proportions when resizing layer
- Translate layer - Keyboard shortcut "Alt" to resize layer around its center
- Translate layer - Keyboard shortcut "Shift" to lock rotation in 45 degrees
- Keyboard shortcuts to lighten, darken, hue and saturation of the existing color
- Precise editing when translating layers
- Buttons to flip layer horizontally and vertically
- Option to import greyscale Jpeg
- Language selection support: English, German, Spanish, Korean and Slovak with option for any language
- More flexible user interface, panels can be locked to left, right, top and down borders.
- New panel Tilt, with optional use of tablet acceleromenter
- Center the accelerometer when using tilting
- New panel Color with cleaner interface
- New panel Color Set with a list uf user color sets
- Publish pictures to online Gallery
- Hide panels when painting over them
- Rememeber last used layer when saving file
- Minimize panel button
- Reset user interface to default settings
- Multitouch gestures for touch tablets - rotate, pan and zoom canvas
- Rotate and mirror canvas
- Greyscale preview of painting
- Shortcut "Alt + ]" and "Alt + [" to scroll through the layers in the Layers panel
- Shortcut "Ctrl+ ]" and "Ctrl + [" to move layer up and down in the Layers panel
- Drag & drop layers Layer panel icons to duplicate, clean or remove them
Papers & canvases:
- Rename and reorder list of canvases by user
- Option to set the scale of canvas texture
- New pick color tool
- Color Sets with custom colors
- Create Color Set from any image
- Edit color names in Color Sets
- fixed painting smoothness
- fixed paper selection
- fixed Wacom pen
- fixed undo
- fixed Undo/Redo on fluid flow simulation
- fixed Undo/Redo on imported image
- fixed right button for move canvas on Wacom tablets
- fixed lagging on some system configurations
- fixed handling of numeric keyboard shortcuts
- fixed handling of mouse events for spinboxes
- fixed hiding dock panels
- smoother painting
- stronger Eraser, better for small sizes
- faster painting for large canvases
- more intuitive numbers editing with mouse movement
- zoom scale 1 - 2000%
- changes in New file dialog
- paint structure is visible when painting diagonal lines
- stable show / hide all panels with Tab
- possible to pick color from locked layer
- less undo memory used when painting
- it not possible to remove locked layer
- numeric keyboard shortcuts available
- fixed threshold when picking color from palette with pen
- fixed canvas scaling when rotating tablet
- paper visibility save fixed
- blending modes save fixed
- undo behavior fixed
- fixed layer selection in Layers panel when using pressure pen
- fixed painting with mouse on Mac OS
- fixed paint lagging on Mac OS
- fixed file dialog on Mac OS
- many more bug-fixes
- Custom keyboard shortcuts.
- GUI scaling.
- Thumbnail preview on windows.
- Drag&drop .reb files.
- Color selection when drawing started (in palette colors and recent colors list).
- Bigger icon for tracing layer ("T" icon).
- Show/hide cursor on Mac OS.
- Redesigned UI, Tools panel can be horizontal or vertical.
- Scale interface for Hi-res displays.
- UI icons repainted for high resolution displays.
- In the New Artwork dialog you can set dimensions in pixels, cm and inches.
- Paper Size Presets in the New artwork dialog.
- Full screen mode fixed with Esc key.
- Fixed crash when display is rotated in Surface Pro.
- Preferences added (File -> Preferences).
- Option to set keyboard shorctus in Preferences.
- Option to show New Picture dialog with paper presets when app is launched (Preferences).
- Reset Tilt button.
- Tilt amount has zero level point click.
- Hide cursor from menu.
- Palette panel with a new HSL Color wheel.
- Color Picker - pick color reset with “Esc” key.
- Trace color with various sample size (Preferences).
- Mix mode sensitivity (Preferences).
- New Navigator Panel with picture preview.
- The ability to type a zoom level.
- Option to Zoom in / out at the mouse cursor position (Preferences).
- Smooth Zoom in Navigator Panel.
- Fit to Screen canvas
- Lock Layers
- Alt + click on a layer’s “eye” icon makes only that layer visible.
- Layer structure is restored when merging layers.
- Imported image with alpha channel has 100% opacity.
- Rename layer shortcuts conflict fixed.
- Watercolor brush first flow fixed.
- When painting, sometimes a square texture was visible.
- When smearing, sometimes smear tool was dirty.
- Fixed airbrush ghosts lines.
- Pastel brush can have user textures.
- Standard system file dialog for Windows.
- Rebelle file icon thumbnails and image preview in file browser.
- Open Recent files.
- Iterative Save - useful, when you need a record of the painting process.
- JPG quality can be set from Preferences.
- Drag & drop image and .reb files directly from any internet or file browser.
- Texture visibility slider in Paper dialog added.
- Add/Remove custom paper textures and colors added.
- and many other minor fixes…
- Mix color mode available from color set, palette and canvas.
- Adaptive user interface scaling for high-resolution displays.
- Show / hide panels with “Tab” key.
- When color is picked from palette panel, brush tool is automatically selected afterwards.
- Color picker shows previous and new color next to cursor.
- Spinning wheel appears when opening and saving file.
- Click and drag on layers’ “Eye” in Layers panel to show or hide multiple layers.
- Brush cursor represents a continuous circle.
- High CPU usage when doing nothing fixed.
- Optimized memory usage.
- Opacity issue when merging layers fixed.
- Jumping layers in the stack when merging layers or using undo fixed.
- Key shortcuts available from all panels.
- Fixed mouse buffering when picking color or blowing water.
- 1 pixel wide frame around picture removed.
- Pick color cursor visibility on Mac OS fixed.
"It's amazing! the physics are really spot on. Aside from its standalone quality, for me this will eliminate endless hunting online for quality watercolour strokes / resources / elements."
"It looks the best watercolour app I have ever seen! I use other painting apps but from what I've seen so far Rebelle beats all of them as far as emulating traditional watercolour. I'm going to love this app! :-)"
"I bought your app because it is innovative - surprising in its complexity and playfulness, exact in its textural accomplishments. Thanks for an intriguing, well-developed creative product!"
"I am amazed and very excited by the prospect of this tool. After playing with Rebelle for far too many hours I have decided that I love the program! It is easily the most realistic painting simulation I've ever seen."