06.05.2018 05:52
DigitalArtGuru
portfolio

Greetings,

When you create artwork with Rebelle, where do you get your artwork printed with good quality results?

cheers

19.05.2018 01:08
Alpha_Channel
portfolio

I get my work printed at work (art college) with a selection of an Epson 3880 (A2) or if really big prints are wanted we have an Epson P9000 B0 (1.1m wide). While the printer/ink combo is important paper stock is equally so, I have a leaning towards St. Cuthberts Mill Bockingford Inkjet Watercolour paper for my Rebelle output, a bit pricey (all realitive mind, their Somerset range cost is eye watering) but the results really are worth it. Output looks and feels like paint (Bockingford), colour depth is good as is lightfastness (so far) and it's double sided so if you get sick of an image, flip the paper and print again.

Outside of the watercolour paper I've a tendency to stick with Epson paper though I'm starting to, slowly, experiement with Permajets range of papers and inkjet canvas range (the sampler packs that they sell are a nice idea, I've the paper pack and itching to get their canvas sampler pack).

Our photography students use Digilab (UK) to good effect generally, though that's very much a location specific answer, if you're outside of the UK that might not be the most useful answer admittedly.

19.05.2018 03:02
Kerioak
portfolio

I use an Epson 3880 for up to A2+ , if I wanted something bigger I would have to outsource.

22.05.2018 10:27
JunkyardSam
portfolio

I use a Canon Pixma Pro 100. It's good but the ink costs a fortune... I finally gave up and ordered this ink from Amazon: "HI-VISION Compatible CLI-42 CLI42 16 pcs set Ink Tank replacement for Professional inkjet PIXMA PRO-100" and it actually works great with no problems. I wish I switched over sooner.

The crazy thing is you can see inside these cartridges and when you look at Canon's you realize they only partially fill them. This brand costs a fraction of the price and they completely fill the cartridges.

I got my printer from B&H Photo Video and it was something like $50 after the rebate gift card they sent back. That's pretty amazing. I think it's $119 after the Rebate but they include 50 sheets of Pro Luster 13x19 paper which is good.

Before switching to offbrand ink I was spending a FORTUNE in ink. It got to the point I didn't even want to use the printer.