06.01.2021 05:43
sfriedman39
portfolio

Can anyone tell me how to export a selection of an image I am working on to a new file. I have created a number of brush strokes that I wish to save individually to transparent png files.

25.03.2022 10:09
HEllis
portfolio

I don't know if you've figured this out yet, but you can select an area and then copy and paste it to a new layer (puts it on a new layer automatically). Turn off all layers, including the canvas (very important) and save as a .png file. This will make the file transparent. If you want a .png file with a white or black background, then just put a white or black layer under that layer and merge the 2 before saving as a .png.

29.03.2022 08:40
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hi @sfriedman39,

At the moment it is possible to have only one project opened in Rebelle so if you would like to use the selected portion of the image in another project, you would need to resave it first, just like @HEllis mentioned. Place the object on a separate layer and hide all the other layers, then select Save as... from the File menu. Save as PNG or JPG. Hide the Canvas if you would like to save with a transparent background.