09.01.2021 07:27
franciscosta
portfolio

I am unable to use InSpirit: Windows 10

When clicking the application icon:

"Inspirit wasn't able to initialize OpenGL. Please, try to update your graphics card driver. Minimum required OpenGL version is 3.0"

I have OpenGL 4.3 therefore the above error simply does not make sense.

I have uninstalled and then reinstalled InSpirit as Administrator which fixed the issue however the issue started happening again after a couple of uses.

Help!

11.01.2021 04:06
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hello @franciscosta,

thank you for contacting us. I am very sorry for this. Please try to go to:
c:\Users\[YOUR_WINDOWS_USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Escape Motions

and delete the whole Inspirit folder. 

Then run Inspirit and register - do you still get the error message about the OpenGL?
10.10.2021 05:12
Cherie Balowski
portfolio

Hello,

I am getting this message now too, my app won't open. I just used my Inspirit the other day!

I have updated my graphics driver, I have NVIDIA and it's supposed to support OpenGL!

Advice please, thank you.

Cherie

13.10.2021 12:14
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hello @cherieb52,

Please try to go to:
c:\Users\[YOUR_WINDOWS_USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Escape Motions

and rename the whole Inspirit folder. Then run Inspirit and register - do you still get the error message about the OpenGL?

19.10.2021 05:51
Cherie Balowski
portfolio

Hello!

Thank you Veronkia! Worked perfectly!

Cherie

23.04.2022 12:57
ArtDesignWorks
portfolio

Hey Veronica it works for me as well but why we still dont have undo or steps history is so anoying if i draw a few wrong lines i cant go back, also layer will be nice in future update and 300dpi custom resolution.
I do over 100 projects but export quality is not very good for printing :) 
Thank you!

24.09.2022 11:00
Elissa
portfolio

Hi,

I have the same problem, I followed the steps above, but I don't have a map Escape Motions, only in the programfiles.

I have tried everything, did updates, but it didn't work, while before it worked perfectly. 

The path on my computer looks like this:

C:\Users\Default.migrated\AppData\Local\Microsoft

There is no appdata in the map with my username.

I can't find the path as discribed above.

I hope someone can help me,

Elisa

25.09.2022 09:58
Elissa
portfolio

With map I mean folder. I have tried evey possible solution I could find on this forum, but so far nothing helped.

I don't know what folder need te be deleted, what is in that folder? I don't have a folder named Escape Motion, so I am becoming pretty desperate at this moment.

28.09.2022 12:43
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hello @Elissa,

what folder opens when you open your Amberlight 2 license and go to the menu: Help > Show Library folder?

Here you should see all your Escape Motions installed apps, including Inspirit. here rename Inspirit folder and re-register Inspirit, the issue should be resolved.

Please keep me posted!