22.05.2018 02:02
heartnotes
portfolio

I just logged in, and was surprised to see there wasn't one of these threads yet, so I thought I'd make one!

If you just joined, tell us a little bit about yourself, what kind of art you like, what your inspirations are, and where can we find some of your art?

22.05.2018 10:22
JunkyardSam
portfolio

Hi! Junkyard Sam here. I discovered Rebelle in a desperate search to find software that is good for digital watercolor. Real watercolor is great, but it's unpredictable and what happens when clients ask for changes?  Rebelle solves all those problems.

I've posted my Rebelle work into the gallery here. How about you, Heartnotes? Post yours! =)

22.05.2018 10:56
Jason Maranto
portfolio

Hi, pleasure to meet you all -- I'm Jason Maranto. I was first attracted to Rebelle becuase I work primarily in traditional media, mostly Egg Tempera, Watercolor and Oils (in that order of preference). Since I have quite alot of knowledge and experience of working in traditional media I always have my eye out for digital tools that allow me to leverage those skills. Here are some of my favorite traditional media works.

I have also been using digital art tools for quite a long time as well -- starting in 1998 with Adobe Photoshop 5 and Illustrator 7 as well as what was Metacreations (now Corel) Painter 5. Gradually, I expanded my digital toolset to include 3D art creation tools. Today, my toolset includes Rebelle, Corel Painter, Affinity Photo, ZBrush, Substance Designer/Substance Painter, DAZ Studio and Maxwell Render. In 2010 I began teaching professional online video tutorials, which I still do to this day. I recently started a Patreon page to distrubute my custom brushes and video tutorials for both Rebelle and Corel Painter.

Stylistically I started out as a comicbook artist (American superhero style), but gradually found that I was more interested in wildness (animals and landscapes). Today, I consider myself an American Impressionist in the same vein as Winslow Homer and Andrew Wyeth.

22.05.2018 10:36
Kerioak
portfolio

Hi, nice to meet everyone.  I am Kerioak, photographer, digital compositer, crochetier, nail art creator (from my photos) and enjoy painting although I cannot draw. 

I do not remember how I found Escape Motions but my first purchase was Flame Painter a few years ago (2012 maybe?)  as I used it for a for a photo I was editing for a client. Then they bought out Rebelle and I played with it to start with but kept going back to PS to get the effects I wanted and I was more at home with it.  With version 3 it is so different (and much improved from the first version) and the only thing I have put images in PS so far, is for is easy resizing and adding digital frames.  I am creating now for my own enjoyment and not for clients so feel free to experiment with its various options.

I like using Acrylics and Pastels but love the fact that with Rebelle there is no cleaning up to do afterwards, just save and shut down.

25.05.2018 03:33
Ward
portfolio

Hi everyone.  I am Ward Edwards and I am in my mid 50's and just got started in drawing and painting in the last year or so.  I was attracted to digital art due to 1) no need to create a massive collection of art supplies, 2) it's much less mess to deal with, and 3) it takes up a lot less space.  I found Rebelle on a Youtube review and was intrigued by the ability to closely reproduce the effects of watercolor, which is a style I am gravitating towards.  I'm looking forward to learning more and improving my skills.

25.05.2018 03:50
RitaG
portfolio

Hi, I'm Rita from Ireland and nice to know ye all. I'm a big fan of digital painting. I've just joined this community today.