11.07.2018 09:50
Artvid
portfolio

Hi,

I'm on the edge of bying Rebelle, as it's like returning to my large canvases again. Normally I use Corel Painter, but I would really like to add Rebelle to my digital tools when making artwork.

BUT - and here come the questions:
Can I define color profile (I need Adobe RGB 1989) and at least 16-bit color depth - if not my printer will kill me!

Anyone who can provide information here?

Cheers
Arnvid

11.07.2018 10:55
Artvid
portfolio

HAVE PURCHASED REBELLO, as I can't test it out without the full version, ability to save and so forth. As there are the 30 days money back guarantee, I find this the best way to test if this is a program that will stay or not.

When trying out Rebelle yesterday, I ran into trouble with hanging among others. Today I found out that at least one person is working with Rebelle and MobileStudio without problems. Got an answer from him just a short time ago, and he wrote that size of 12000 x 8000 pixels was too much, and most likely why Rebelle was hanging when I tried the demo version.

So my question now, in addition to the two above, is how large painting file i can have based upon the drawing tool I use, which is Wacom MobileStudio Pro 16" Tablet (MobileStudio is Wacom's combination of drawing board and computer):

• Intel® CoreTM i7
• 512GB SSD HD
• 16GB DDR3 RAM
• NVIDIA® Quadro® M1000M graphics with 4GB GDDR5 VRAM
• Windows 10 Proac
• Wacom Pro Pen 2

So what is the largest file I can work with (in pixels size) - and is 12000 by 8000 pixels to large? Remember I normally work with files in Corel Painter that got a widt of 14000.

13.07.2018 01:12
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hello Arnvid,

thanks for reaching out!
At the moment Rebelle does not have any color profile options implemented. The software uses 8-bit color depth.

The maximum resolution you can export from our software depends mainly on your computer configuration - the more RAM, the better.
Moreover, Rebelle is quite compute-intensive so for larger canvases it would be always better to have a faster processor so that the app runs smoothly. It's because the math running behind is quite complicated, the application itself is different from standard RGBA paint programs, Rebelle has to compute around 25 layers, which include water simulation, diffusion, wetting, drying and all water effects.

This also highly depends on the complexity of the image - the more layers, the more RAM is needed; the more water/wet areas are laid on the canvas, the higher possibility the app can start to lag.

With 16 GB RAM and fast i7 processor you should be able to create at least 6,000 x 6,000 - 8,000 x 8,000 px canvas with comfortable painting speed. However this is just an ideal option and my estimation, different computers may behave differently. 

13.07.2018 10:32
Artvid
portfolio

Dear Veronika
I have to admit that I planned to use my 30-day refund option as I had found out about the same as you write here.
BUT due to you reaching back like this, made me convinced that Rebelle and EscapeMotions deserve my support as well - so I will NOT ask for a refund, but keep the Rebelle and play with it (-:

Still, I genuinely hope you get a 16-bit colour depth, and Adobe RGB colour profile as soon as possible - then I will be addicted to Rebelle (-:
PS, for the Adobe RGB (I refuse to use and Adobe products due to their subscription policy), as I understand KRITA use a ClayRGB (Clay RGB-elle-V4-g22.icc) colour profile as that should be the closest to Adobe RGB, but on that Adobe got no royalties.

I work on a file now in Rebelle that's 8268 x 5906 pixels - four layers so far. Yeah the computer is working for all what's it worth, but no hanging or crashing so far (-:

But to you Veronika, again - it way you taking the time to answer, that made me stay with Rebelle. The program is one part when the developer listens to the users - such a company will have a significant edge over other. So thank you, look forward to staying with you all in EscapeMotions and follow your development of Rebelle (-:

Cheers
Arnvid