23.07.2018 06:01
tomerk11
portfolio

Hi there,

First let me say thank you to the team for the fantastic product. However, I'm running into a very disorienting issue when trying to control brush rotation using pen tilt direction of the new surface pen on a surface book 2.

Whenever I rotate the pen tilt direction (counter)clockwise, I would expect the brush orientation to change in the same direction. However, the brush orientation is rotating counterclockwise when I change the pen tilt rotation clockwise, and vice versa in the opposite direction.

Ideally, the brush orientation would either always be perpendicular to the pen tilt direction, or always be parallel to the pen tilt direction.  Unfortunately, because the brush rotates in the wrong direction, the brush orientation is perpendicular to the pen tilt direction when the pen is pointed in one of the four cardinal directions, and parallel to the pen tilt direction when the pen is pointed diagonally. This makes it very unnatural to control the brush orientation with the pen tilt.

Thanks in advance for your help!

23.07.2018 10:46
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hello @tomerk11,

thank you for your feedback! Yes, we know about this issue and would like to fix it in the near future.
Would you be interested in helping us test this? We would send you a special version of Rebelle 3.

Thanks!

24.07.2018 08:30
tomerk11
portfolio

Hi Veronika,

I would be happy to help test it, thanks for the quick reply.

31.07.2018 03:06
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Great, I'll be in touch then!

18.08.2018 09:58
pencilsandlight
portfolio

tomerk11 — I have a similar problem when using a Wacom Art Pen and selecting Pen Rotation in the Rotation menu.  Rotating the pen clockwise makes the brush rotate counter-clockwise and vice versa.  Interestingly,  this worked just fine in the Demo, but not in V3.1 for Windows.

I continue to be delighted with this terrific applcation!

01.04.2019 02:39
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

The issue with Tilt going the opposite direction is fixed in Rebelle 3.1 version :)

03.07.2021 09:29
evilditch
portfolio

I seem to have this issue in latest version, 4.1.2. I don't know if it happened in earlier versions.

03.07.2021 09:30
evilditch
portfolio

Actually, my problem is that the brush rotates the opposite direction when I use my Wacom Art pen's rotation. Not tilt.

08.07.2021 01:03
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hi @evilditch,

Please check Rebelle's tablet preferences - go to Edit > Preferences > Tablet - what is selected under the Tablet options? 'Wacom (Wintab)' or 'Microsoft Ink'?
If 'Microsoft Ink' is selected, please select 'Wacom (Wintab)' setting instead and confirm with the OK button. Does this fix your problem?

If not, go to the same Preferences and enable "Invert pen tilt" and confirm with the OK button. 

How does it work now?