02.04.2022 10:38
artful
portfolio

Please explain the process for making custom papers or canvas for Rebelle, that work the same as papers bought in the store.

If we can make our own papers, it will open up a lot of interesting creative possibilities.

06.04.2022 01:21
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hi @artful,

The Rebelle paper is a PNG image with peak and valleys, ideally when the average is 50% grey.
You can import your own canvases to Rebelle. When they are selected for the canvas, Rebelle will tile them for the whole canvas size. 
Here it is important that the papers are designed to be tileable = so no seams are visible.
27.08.2022 04:17
leslieware
portfolio

How do I bring in a Full size png, so I do not have to have Rebelle tile them. I shoot full size sheets of paper A3+ and larger.

30.08.2022 10:35
Arthu
portfolio

Open the canvas dialogue window where you can select a different canvas and then push the little arrow icon that reads "Import Canvas Texture" on hover.

If you know in advance how large your painting is going to be all you need to do is make sure your scan of the paper is larger than your painting then you'll not have to worry about seams. However, i haven't tried it myself but it could be that extremely large canvas sizes cause more brush lag or larger file sizes, so that's something to aware of.