solved 
30.05.2022 08:05
Pavel Mironchyk
portfolio

Hello,

I have the following issue which happens in either rebelle 4 and rebelle 5. Steps to reproduce:

1. Start painting for 3-4 hours. Does not matter watercolor or dry media.

2. Rebelle suddenly freezes. Then all layers except the most senior one, become transparent. There maybe a small rectangular patch left or nothing at all from painting.

Closing and reopening file does not help, layers do not become visible. 

Then I found a workaround:

If I kill rebelle in task manager with file open, and then start it again, it recovers all layers!

06.06.2022 11:46
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio
Thank you very much for your feedback, Pavel, we appreciate you taking time to write about this issue!
I am very sorry this is happening. Few other users have already reported this but we are still unable to track the issue or reproduce it, which is essential for fixing it. 

Do you know what exact steps lead to this? Are you able to reproduce this every time?

Could you please send us the .REB file and your settings.ini file - you can access it by going to Rebelle's menu: Help > Show Library Folder > Data.

If you could catch this on a video and also let us know which shortcuts you used beforehand, or what steps you took right before, that would be really helpful.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
27.03.2024 08:27
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

The issue has finally been fixed to Rebelle 7.1.3 version after struggling with the reproduction of this bug for years:

Modifying a layer (e.g. painting a short stroke or clear/cut layer) quickly after Undo / Redo and then invoking another Undo / Redo caused an unrecoverable data loss in the current layer (the bug caused loss of an entire layer, undoing caused the parts of the artwork to reappear in squares)