02.02.2019 09:38
portfolio

Hi

Ive got a Microsoft surface book CPU 2.60 GHz  RAm 8.00 GB system type x64

When I work with watercolours in Rebelle on a dpi of 300 (in order to get a good quality print) it processes very very very slowely. I can work in a 72 dpi - but how do I get the quality up again when I need to print?

Ive worked in 200-300 dpi before and it didnt seem so slow to me? Could it be the updates that is too big for my system?

Thanx Yolanda

04.02.2019 07:37
jcollinge
portfolio

I'm aware that the speed is likely tied to your GPU processing, maybe add a detail about what this specific surface book is packing?

I'm using a surface pro 3, and it does take a while

04.02.2019 02:00
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hi @1234,

May I ask what resolution is set when you experience a lag? 

The lagging in Rebelle might be caused by the amount of water on the canvas. 
It's because the math running behind Rebelle is quite complicated - the application itself is different from standard RGBA paint programs,
Rebelle has to compute around 25 layers, which include water simulation, diffusion, wetting, drying, and all water effects.
A workaround is to use "Fast Dry" or "Dry the Layer" buttons in the Layers panel to dry all water, the painting will be faster.
The first one removes water from the layer while the layer remains wet. The latter dry the layer completely.

Another option that can improve the app's speed is to close all applications that are running in the background (especially browsers or other third-party software).