06.02.2019 03:46
Doodler
portfolio

Hello all, 

I'm not entirely sure if this is a common problem, or if I'm just doing something wrong, but I've had a problem with my canvases pixelating, for lack of a better term. I've noticed that my paint will converge and alter colour, which progresses regardless of whether I pause paint distortion, quick dry the paint, dry the canvas, or work on multiple layers. The only way I've found to counter it is to blend the pixelated areas out into the surrounding colour, but even that is a temporary fix.
I've uploaded some photos here of a current work in progress, so everyone can see what I mean. It's getting to the point where it just ruins my canvas; Any help would be massively appreciated :)

Pixelating

Pixelating 2

Pixelating 3

08.02.2019 02:15
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hello @Doodler,

thank you for posting your question.
We found out there was an issue with saving the fluid simulation in Rebelle, which caused the artifacts on parts of the saved painting.
We have definitely fixed some part of the problem, however, one artist experienced this issue again in Rebelle 3.1.
So we believe the issue may be connected to another problem in Rebelle 3 which we previously did not find.

Can you please send over the .reb file where the artifacts appear in Rebelle 2? We'd like to take a look at it. If the file is too large, feel free to a service like Wetransfer (free up to 2 GB).

28.02.2019 05:43
Doodler
portfolio

Of course. I do apologise, but may I ask the email you wish me to send it to via Wetransfer?

01.03.2019 01:55
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hi Doodler,

thank you, we've received the file!
Would you be interested in testing Rebelle 3 to see whether this issue is replicable there?
So far, only one user claimed it re-occurred in version 3 but we have not received any file from him, so it is quite hard to fix something when we don't know where the error in the code is. We'd appreciate your help very much.

04.04.2019 10:44
Doodler
portfolio

I do apologize for the delay; I've recently moved house and only just set my computer back up. 

Yes of course, if that would help at all, I'm more than happy to give it a shot. Would it just be a matter of my downloading Rebelle 3 and seeing if the problem reoccurs?

05.04.2019 01:14
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Sure, no problem.

I've just sent you new download links for Rebelle 3 - please download, install and register the software.

Just continue painting with this latest version. Let us know when you reproduce the issue :)