11.02.2019 05:29
Redguy
portfolio

Hello,

I'm looking to buy Rebelle, so I'm using the demo. I bought a Wacom Cintiq 16 and I want to use Rebelle to take advantage of the hardware. I'm looking at some of the brushes that rotate and they do not seem to follow the tilt of the pen. 

I set the rotation option to Tilt and it seems to do nothing. The Pro Pen 2 that comes with the Cintiq does not support rotation, but tilt is supported. Whether I have the Tilt option selected or not, the brush rotation trails the direction of movement. It does not appear to follow the tilt of the pen. 

Also, does Rebelle have a way to change the size/density of the brush with respect to the tilt? I'm thinking of the way many applications simulate drawing with the side of a pencils tip.

Thank you for your help.

Ross

12.02.2019 11:54
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hi Ross,

thank you for posting to our Forum!

I am sorry to hear the Pen Tilt does not work for you as expected. Please go to top menu bar: Edit > Preferences > Tablet.
What settings are selected under Tablet Options?

~ Also, does Rebelle have a way to change the size/density of the brush with respect to the tilt? I'm thinking of the way many applications simulate drawing with the side of a pencils tip.~
At the moment Rebelle does not support this behavior, but we'd like to implement it in the future.

12.02.2019 02:10
Redguy
portfolio

Thank you for your help!

Here's what's selected in there now.

- Use mouse position

- Wacom device (WinTab)

- Enable Multi-touch

- Use two fingers for canvas rotation

- Touchpad sensitivity: 30%

- Pen Pressure Sensitivity: Dead center

The monitor I have does not have touch, so I can probably disable all those settings. 

12.02.2019 07:56
Redguy
portfolio

Veronika

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of those settings. I switched it to Windows Ink from WinTab and it works now. It rotates in the opposite direction than I would expect, but that's not a big deal. 

Ross

13.02.2019 10:04
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hi Ross,

that's good news! We know about the issue with the opposite direction of the pen tilt in Ink and will release a new version where this is fixed.

However, it is strange the Ink was selected in Rebelle since you are using Wacom. Maybe there is a problem with the Wacom driver - could you please make sure you have the latest Wacom driver installed? If not, please install it from their official site https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support/product-support/drivers

Then deselect 'Windows Ink' from Wacom Preferences, select "Wacom (Wintab)" in Rebelle's Preferences and try the pen tilt now - how does it work?

16.02.2019 01:31
Redguy
portfolio

Hi Veronika,

I just installed the Wacom drivers. I'm using version 6.3.32-4, which Wacom lists as their latest drivers.

I unchecked Windows Ink in the Wacom settings and re-selected Wacom device in the Rebelle settings.

This caused the brush rotation to disregard the tilt of the pen again.

18.02.2019 09:57
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hi Ross,

thanks for letting me know! Please switch back to Ink then, we'll be fixing the issue in the near future.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused!

25.02.2019 01:42
Ward
portfolio

I just checked it on my Cintiq Pro 24 and it gives pen rotation with tilt with it set to Wintab.  It might be a bug with the Cintiq 16

21.10.2019 11:41
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

For anyone who is having issues with the pen tilt going the opposite direction, Rebelle now (from version 3.1.5) includes the option to "Invert Pen Tilt". This setting is available in Preferences > Tablet.