solved 
15.12.2023 11:42
morahh
portfolio

1. after some point of increasing the size of the brush, it doesn't paint. if you reduce it by literally one pixel, it will work as it should. the size at which the brush stops working is very small, if you're wondering. it doesn't happen always and not with all brushes, so it's hard to trace any pattern
2. if you turn on the display of colour history and select a colour from the canvas, the next brush stroke will not be read. you have to click somewhere, the colour will be registered in the history and only then the brush will work again.
3. I was just painting and then this happened: the whole picture just disappeared, i pressed ctrl+z, a fragment of the picture i was working on appeared, i clicked again, the fragment i was working on before appeared and so on. i managed to restore this much of the picture.

15.01.2024 10:33
Michal Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Thanks for your report, @morahh,

Do you have just a single layer in this artwork?

Do you remember doing anything special before the bug occurred?

Were you able to reproduce the bug again?

There's a similar thread here: https://www.escapemotions.com/community/forum/t/41346/lost-progress-artifacting/1

Thanks for any further info,
Michal

30.01.2024 12:31
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio
Hello,

In case you encounter the "Layer cleared unexpectedly" issue in Rebelle 7.0.7 (or newer) please follow these steps:

1. Press the spacebar twice as soon as you notice it (so that we can find that event in the log file).
2. Go to the user folder (Main Menu -> Help -> Show Library Folder...). File explorer window shows up, go into the "Data/Log" subfolder.
3. Close Rebelle (you can also try to undo and save your artwork before closing)
4. In the Log folder, there should be an "app-*.log" file with the current timestamp (e.g. "app-2024-01-29 15-32-04.log"). Please, send us the file to [email protected]

Thanks for your help!
27.03.2024 08:26
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

The issue has finally been fixed to Rebelle 7.1.3 version after struggling with the reproduction of this bug for years:

Modifying a layer (e.g. painting a short stroke or clear/cut layer) quickly after Undo / Redo and then invoking another Undo / Redo caused an unrecoverable data loss in the current layer (the bug caused loss of an entire layer, undoing caused the parts of the artwork to reappear in squares)