28.03.2024 08:27
redrobred
portfolio

Is it possible to "glaze" similar the way would with traditional oils? I know one can use transparent with Watercolor brushes, but it obviously doesn't have the same end result as if one was doing glazes with traitional oil paints. TIA

28.03.2024 09:39
Peter Blaskovic
Team Member portfolio

In Properties panel set higher Oiliness and lower Loading, this should behave similar to glazing, but is different to Watercolor glazing. You can add additional layer (panel Layers) for glazing with lower opacity. Or you can use watercolors for glazing on oils.

29.03.2024 08:01
redrobred
portfolio

Thanks for feedback, Peter, will give it a try.

29.03.2024 09:35
redrobred
portfolio

Hi Peter. Some feedback. What you suggested does help in achieving the oils glazing effect ... i.e. higher oil, lower load, lower transparency on layer. Only thing is one would have to keep adjusting each layer transparency which would feel very natural and intuitive ... so I tried putting all layers in a folder so I could manage the transparency of all layers at once. However I discovered that unfortunately it appears that in Rebelle, one can't lower the transparency of a Group folder, as one can in Photoshop. It is possoble to add this feature to be able to adjust the traspancey of a Group folder and thus all it's contents at the same time?