19.04.2024 09:29
dougmurakami
portfolio

After using for a good amount of time Rebelle, there's the little annoying things that after a while gets stressful doing over and over again.

Let me start with the Perspective Tool that not changes both sides at same time, instead you need to change 1 side then another side, and hope that the both sides stays at the same angle.

Rules - It's cool, but if you need to draw lines horizontally and vertically in a short time, like in seconds, you will suffer the lack of options to do it, the free hand don't helps, and the "shift" that was supposed to be a quick way to make a straight line, it's a nightmare to use it! I never can make a 90° or 180 using the shift, is always 94 - 86, 170-203 (just an example that i can't make it at the first try, i need to take my time and  concentrate to make a perfect 90/180 straight line....like really?!)(It's a tool  that i use so much in another program, but in Rebelle i avoid at all cost, sadly)

Masks - 1st - a request that after you create a layer mask, the colors change automatically to B/W, right now it don't changes. 2nd - Option to make a Group Mask. 3rd - Option to Link and Unlink the layer mask, so you can move the mask around. 4rd - Option to select the mask that you created. 

Shortcuts - We need more shorcuts!

Gradient - We need a gradient only shortcut,  this thing to go to Fill then you need to change to gradient, is not cool, it take 5s? yes but it could be 1s or less. Talking about gradients, it's not possible to dock his window, it's not possible to pick colors directly in the canvas and we need a Radial Gradient for yesterday!

Selection Tool - Option to save the selection would be great.

I think that's it for today , if i remember of another one i come back! Have a nice day!

23.04.2024 11:55
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hi dougmurakami,

Thanks for this valuable feedback, we appreciate it!

Many of the things you mention need an implementation as they are new features, I will make sure they are added to our list of features for future consideration!

Some things need clarification:

>>> Masks - 1st - a request that after you create a layer mask, the colors change automatically to B/W, right now it don't changes.
What exactly do you refer to, please? By default, a layer mask is white. You can use the Fill tool to change its color. 

>>> 3rd - Option to Link and Unlink the layer mask, so you can move the mask around. 
There is an option Lock Layer Mask Position available from the menu after you right-click the mask.
Is this what you're looking for?

>>> Shortcuts - We need more shorcuts!
What shortcuts in particular are you missing in Rebelle?

>>> Selection Tool - Option to save the selection would be great.
This is already possible, just make your selection, then go to the menu Edit > Selection > Save Selection as
You can open saved selections from the same menu.