04.07.2024 07:34
Norei
portfolio

I'm sorry, if this the wrong place to put my question, but I don't think it's a "bug". I'm fairly new to Rebelle and found it hard to google my question - no one else seems to be bothered by this ^^"

I'm used to regular digital art programs like photoshop and I feel like rebelle is fundamentally different. Some of it is a bit irritating to me and I would like to find out how to work with it properly. When I blend oils it feels like the white of the canvas get swept up as well and mixed in with the colours I actually wanna mix. Am I hallucinating? What am I doing wrong? I noticed a similar behaviour when using the marker brush to "burn" I'm on a layer that only has an outline on it. I initially made this outline red. now I feel that I want to darken it in places. So I found the burn marker and got to burning, but instead of just making my line darker it also "burns" the page. I don't wanna have to pay attention not to "paint over" the line I created, I need a tool to quickly darken _only_ what is on the layer. Am I using the wrong tool? Is there another tool? Can I switch off that tools interact with the colour of the paper? I like how they interact with the texture, tho.

Thanks a bunch!

04.07.2024 08:35
2dpainter
portfolio

Norei

Hi

you can try this way
duplicate the Layer with your painting
and select the Layer > right Mouse click
"clipping Mask"

see Picture here

11.07.2024 09:43
Tom Gallovich
portfolio

Norei

Hi Norei,

If I understand your problem correctly...

Mr Provolone (the head cheese, Hee Hee) Peter Blaskovic explained it rather well to me...

Technically you are not mixing white with your previous colors. You are actually scraping away the paint from the canvas to reveal more white canvas. This will be epecially noticeable if you are using a plain white background and not a canvas texture surface. (The canvas texture will appear again when blending) If your paint does not cover the entire canvas and you blend the edges of the paint it will appear that you are adding white to the paint.

Again you are not, you are removing the paint from the canvas to reveal more bare white canvas.

In other words if you made the canvas hot pink for example then working around the edges of painted area will appear that you are adding hot pink this time. You are just removing/scraping paint away from the hot pink canvas.

Sorry, I can not speak for the marker issue.

Tom G.