24.08.2019 02:08
My1xT
portfolio

as the FP4 license apparently got quite a bit more restrictive regarding computer counts here a few questions:

1) is it okay to install this on a cloud computer (obviously the instance is not shared and only I have access to it)? I can see a lot of "fun" coming from this because one probably can't keep a solid hardware ID on a VM)

2) does it still count as me being a private individual when using the license I bought myself at work (PC is obviously not shared) or would me installing it on a work PC lock me in as "being a commercial enterprise" and therefore just being able to use 1 copy instead of the normal 3?

to be entirely honest I much prefer the License model of affinity Designer for stuff where the license for individuals even goes above and beyond the expected.

03.09.2019 12:40
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hi @My1xT,

1. As long as you are the only user, you can install FP4 on a cloud computer.

2. This one is a bit tricky but if you bought the software copy yourself and you are the only user, you can install it on up to 3 computers (for both non-commercial and commercial use). 

19.09.2019 05:33
My1xT
portfolio

thank you very much, this is very helpful. especially considering that my cloud setup has quite a bit more power and if I wanna make some big stuff it's just more fun than doing it on more of less a slightly beefed up office PC