crazy latency | Rebelle Support Topics | Forum | Creative Community - Escape Motions
GREBNAR
portfolio

Hi,

Not sure what's going on, but every version from 3.1.6 on has been a no-go for me due to stroke latency. Nothing has changed with regard to my size/resolution from previous versions (I generally always use the same template), and I'm using the CPU engine, not the GPU engine, but it's acting like the GPU engine did when I had tested it in previous versions.

In other words, I can replicate this behavior in 3.1.5 by changing to GPU, but when I go back to CPU, it's fine and usable again. In later versions, both engines are basically identical in performance and therefore unusable. Are there default settings that have changed in 3.1.6 and forward that could be causing this behavior? 

Thanks, 

TC

System Specs: 

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-5HUH60E
System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
System Model G11CD
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU SKU
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz, 2701 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0802, 2/3/2016
SMBIOS Version 3.0
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoard Product G11CD
BaseBoard Version Rev 1.xx
Platform Role Desktop

Veronika EscapeMotions
portfolio

Hi @GREBNAR,

thanks for the feedback! There is very little difference between 3.1.5 and 3.1.8 in terms of the code which could possibly influence the speed of the painting. I am wondering, what tablet are you using? Is this a Surface or do you have a tablet plugged into your Windows 10 computer? If yes, what type?

GREBNAR
portfolio

Hi Veronika, 

I'm using a Wacom Intuos 4, but everything is set up the same as it's always been, and the tablet works fine everywhere else. I reverted back to 3.1.5 and it worked fine, but thought I'd try to update to the latest to see what happens, and it's the same problem as I had with 3.1.6. 

Veronika EscapeMotions
portfolio
Hi @Grebnar, we've just sent you a special test version of Rebelle 3 with logs, please follow the instructions in my email.