24.03.2020 08:49
AlchemyArtisanWorks
portfolio

I want to ask about tablets with Rebelle3. I understand running a graphics intensive program will consume battery life faster than usual. I purchased Surface Pro 4 (refurbished) with 16 GB RAM, and I loved it, but... I only get 2 hours or battery time or less before it dies. I am returning it because of that, as it's pretty uselss as a portable device in that respect. I cannot get a straight answer from anyone if this is normal for a device that should get 7hours, at least.

I am considering a repalcement device (trying to stay near the $500 to $600 mark, and not afraid of refurbished, except that I had a bad experience with the battery on the tablet I tried) and wondering what your thoughts are on the following for a replacement:

• HP EliteBook Folio 9470M 14" Intel Core i5-3437U 1.9GHz 16GB 320G SATA Windows 10 Professional (Renewed) - $499

• 2019 HP 14" FHD IPS BrightView Micro-Edge Laptop PC, Intel Dual Core i3-8130u Processor Upto 4.0 GHz, 16GB Memory, 256GB SSD, HP Fast Charge, USB-C, WiFi, HDMI, GbE LAN, Windows 10 Home in S Mode - $544

• HP Spectre x360 15t Convertible 2-in-1 Laptop in Dark Ash Silver (Intel 8th Gen i7 Quad Core, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Nvidia Geforce MX150, 15.6" 4K UHD 3840x2160 Touch, Stylus Pen, Win 10 Home) - $699

Or, have you got a better suggestion?

25.03.2020 12:36
YSKarl
portfolio

In my opinion:

HP EliteBook Folio: Don't buy it. Too weak for the specs. Plus, the battery life is most likely to be even worse than your Surface, afterall it's a 6/7-year-old renewed device.

2019 HP 14" FHD IPS BrightView Micro-Edge Laptop PC: I'm not sure if Core i3 without discrete graphics can handle Rebelle, afterall it is a graphic intense software. Plus, it's a non-touch screen, you have to consider the price of a drawing tablet added to the overall cost.

HP Spectre x360 15t: Is it a renewed? This price is very good(to good to be true...). A new unit costs over 1k. i7+discrete graphics, way way better than the other choices.

25.03.2020 06:16
AlchemyArtisanWorks
portfolio

Hi, thank you. Actually after I posted this I eliminated the first two options, myself. Yes, you're right, that Spectre is renewed.

What are your thoughts about this device? Lenovo Flex 14 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop, 14 Inch FHD Touchscreen Display, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U Processor, 12GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB NVMe SSD, Windows 10, 81SS000DUS, Black, Pen Included $560 new

26.03.2020 05:24
YSKarl
portfolio

For me, I only buy new devices. I don't like any uncertainties about the conditions of the renewed device.

The Flex 14 seems to be a good device, at least at this price. Compering with the HP Spectre x360 15t, 4GB less RAM may not be a promlem. CPU is around 10% slower, not a big deal. For the graphic, Flex 14 has no discrete graphics, however AMD has better intergrated GPU than Intel, it's about 35% slower graphic performance than the HP.

The big deal is/may be the battery life, https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-1xx-3xx-5xx-7xx/Lenovo-Flex-14-battery-life/td-p/4474419. There are some complaints in the forum about the battery. If it is the same Flex14 they are talking, the 45Wh capacity of the battery is quite small, I would say it's a tablet size. However still better (~20%) than a brand new Surface Pro 4. If the battery is needed to be renewed, it's a $30 I found on BestBuy websit.

If I were you, I use it at home, the battery would not be a deal breaker for me.

Hope it helps.

19.04.2020 12:58
illuworks
portfolio

I didn't like the screen of the Spectre at all. I returned it because of that.

In the end I purchased a DELL and I really love DELL. I would advice to go for a 15" XPS 2-in-1 (I managed to get a Precision 5530 2-in-1, but I don't think they sell them anymore). The only thing is again, battery life decreases quickly, so I'm not sure if you want to go for it, but to be honest: I think all batterie's life decreases quickly (in my experience anyway).

19.04.2020 09:14
illuworks
portfolio

I would also recommend to go for enough RAM (16GB), a decent processor (a recent generation i7 or i5). Personally I would also go for a decent graphics processor, but I'm not sure how much Rebelle is using of it. I would think that the real time brush processing would use some GPU, but maybe someone from Escape Motion can explain a bit more about that. All in all you are talking about quite a bit of money with these specs. It also depends on which file sizes you are planning to work with (mainly for RAM usage).

I'm working with a 2-in-1 myself as well and it's really cool for drawing, because you can lay your laptop flat on the table which is enables you to use your left hand for ctrl + z still ;) which I found to be much more efficient than touch gestures (since I use it a lot, haha)

01.06.2022 12:16
ArnaudLM
portfolio

Bonjour, je cherche également une tablette 2-en-1 qui tourne sous Windows ... auriez vous un produit qui fonctionne bien à me conseiller. Je pensais à la SURFACE PRO 8 (i7 16Go RAM, 256 Go)

Merci infiniment :-)

25.10.2022 04:32
MNE9476
portfolio

I have a Dell Inspiron 7506 2-n-1 (15") with active pen support. 

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz

16GB RAM

Battery life is horrible especially with heavy graphics and pen use, but I really enjoy editing with Rebelle. 

Tip.  Turn up Accelerometer sensitivity all the way up for decent responsiveness.

Disclaimer:  I work for Dell