03.04.2020 05:30
amade
portfolio

More often than not, I like to cover a large area of canvas with a light wash. With real watercolours, I'd use a wide flat brush and lots of very diluted paint. But this is currently not possible in Rebelle 3, instead I have had to resort to importing pre-made "washes" I made in other programs which aren't always satisfactory.

I understand that the reason that Rebelle's brush sizes are limited is due to computational power constraints. Would it be possible to implement a special large flat brush that uses simplified calculations for the water simulation and paint diffusion? In other words, it would sacrifice some realism in exchange for being able to apply larger washes with reasonable performance.

08.04.2020 05:11
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hello @amade,

thank you for the feedback! Believe us, we would love to increase the brush size of Rebelle's brushes right now. :)
However, we are still quite limited because of fluid simulation. We're currently working on optimizations so we'll see how that goes and how much we will be able to enlarge the brushes for future versions. 

12.08.2020 03:09
Hval
portfolio

+1

I'm not adding much to the topic but I can't agree more, we definitely need wider brushes.

24.08.2020 11:47
robsalk
portfolio

One workaround I've found for this is to reset the image resolution to 100 DPI to do the initial flat wash (flat watercolor brush is sufficiently wide at this resolution), then reset to a higher resolution to do the painting. I'm sure that has its problems but it's quicker than trying to cover a 300 or 600 dpi canvas with a small brush.

25.08.2020 03:13
krislap
portfolio

Hi Veronika any news about Rebelle 4 please ?