20.05.2020 04:59
ronxsAZ
portfolio

I just purchased FP4, installed it, and then purchased the bundle of the Liner, Elastic, Fuzzy. The modules installed themself as described during purchase.

If I "play" with the software, it is working fine.

If I try to open ANY JPG file, it crashes immediately, creating a long log asking me to email it to the developer - I refuse, of course, as I don't know what is being captured from my system.

Why would the software crash to begin with?

Windows 10 Pro (updated), i7 CPU, 24GB RAM, 4TB SSD - GP4 was the only application running.

I tried to open different JPG files of different sizes. In all, the software crashed.

Software crash

Once, a small 64kb JPG file opened for a few seconds, and the following error stopped the software:

Software failed

Can anyone assist please before I cancel the purchase and ask for a refund? I really want this to work.

Thank you.

Ron

20.05.2020 11:56
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hi Ron,

thank you for posting to our Forum. I am very sorry you are experiencing this issue. Could you please try the following:

1. go to: C:\Users\[YOUR_WINDOWS_USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Escape Motions
2. rename the Flame Painter 4 folder to any other name (e.g. 'xxx')
3. run Flame Painter 4 again, register it
4. select in the menu: File > Open, choose the JPG and confirm

Is Flame Painter 4 still crashing?

If yes, could you please send over the JPG you are trying to open? We'll try to reproduce the issue on our end.
If you have more JPGs that are causing the same problem, please send them to us. Our email address is support [at] escapemotions.com.

Thanks in advance!

20.05.2020 11:57
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

This thread has been moved under Forum's Flame Painter 4 > Support Topics.

20.05.2020 05:59
ronxsAZ
portfolio

Hello Veronika,

1. I don't see the forum Flame Painter 4, so I don't know where you moved the topic.

2. I tried what you suggested. The software crashed immediately with the same error:

3. When I open any of my images in an image viewer (no matter which one... ie IrfanView), I copy the open image and paste it into Flame Painter 4, it stays there, and everything is working fine:

4. I would be glad to provide you the file I'm referring to. I shot the image. Please tell me where to send it to. I attach it here, but I'm not sure how and if the file would be attached.

Hummingbird

Thank you.

Ron

25.05.2020 12:53
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hi Ron,

thanks for sending over the image, we were able to reproduce the issue on our computers as well and will do our best to fix it.

I will let you know once we resolve this.

Thank you for your patience!

04.06.2020 02:03
paulk09
portfolio

Hi, I have just installed this product for the first time and I am also getting the same error whenever I try and open any jpeg file. 

Is there any update on this issue?

04.06.2020 02:46
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hi @paulk09,

we're currently working on a new Flame Painter 4 update. I'll let you know when we release it.

23.07.2020 11:14
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

This issue [crash when a JPG file smaller than the default canvas was opened via the 'File' menu] is fixed in Flame Painter 4.1.5 update, you can download it from Community account (log in, go to "my profile" > "Purchases").