03.08.2020 05:52
Bluberry36
portfolio

Hi there. Need help. I've been using this for several months now and have had no problem. My laptop is brand new too, specs intel corei5 - 9300H CPU @2.40GHz . 8.00 GB ram.

It's suddenly taking 98% of my memory and the lag is awful so I cant draw anymore.   Not sure what has happened, I've never had a problem till today. Please help.                                           

04.08.2020 09:36
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hello @Blueberry36,

I am sorry you are experiencing these issues with Rebelle. May I ask what resolution is set when you experience a lag?
Please try to close other applications that are running in the background, restart the system, and run Rebelle.

Do you experience these issues with the default resolution (29.7 x 21 cm, 200 DPI)?

The lagging in Rebelle might be caused by the amount of water on the canvas.
It's because the math running behind Rebelle is quite complicated - the application itself is different from standard RGBA paint programs,
Rebelle has to compute around 25 layers, which include water simulation, diffusion, wetting, drying, and all water effects.
A workaround is to use "Fast Dry" or "Dry the Layer" buttons in the Layers panel to dry all water, the painting will be faster.
The first one removes water from the layer while the layer remains wet. The latter dries the layer completely.