10.09.2020 05:58
roblanario
portfolio

I purchased flame painter today and during the registration process my browser locked up. 

I am now unable to login or register the software. I've tried password reset countless time but not recieved any emails.

I'm getting no response from email support so I have had to create a new user with a differrent email so that I can access this forum in the hope that it is monitored by support.

Any ideas anyone?

11.09.2020 10:12
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hello @roblanario,

thank you for contacting us as well as for purchasing Flame Painter 4!
According to our records, you managed to register Flame Painter 4 with your Community account after all, is that correct?
In order to receive our automatic emails in the future please try to add our email addresses [email protected] and [email protected] to your list of contacts, it could improve the deliverability of our emails.

23.10.2020 10:34
BradC
portfolio

I installed Flame Painter 4, which I purchased some time ago, on my new computer. When I launched the app the dialog box, if I recall correctly, it asked for my username or email address in the first box (perhaps it said my username might be my email address) and password in the second box. When I used my email name in the first box the registration wouldn't work. If I recall there was an option to contact Escape Motions and request a registration key, which I did. I also requested a registration key via the website. So far I haven't received any emails. Then I tried entering my username instead of my email, and Flame Painter 4 launched successfully.

I would suggest Escape Motions make it clearer in the Flame Painter 4 app's registration process that the username, not the email address, is needed. Responding quicker (or at all) to requests for registration keys would also be good. However, as there no longer appear to be registration keys for Flame Painter 4, leading people to believe there is such a key is problematic also. I spent a good deal of time looking for a registration key for Flame Painter 4 I thought I might have lost, while waiting for an email reply from Escape Motions, not recalling that there is no registration key.

29.10.2020 01:07
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hi @BradC,

thank you for posting to our forum.

Please note both the email address and username are accepted when a correct password is entered into the registration window of Flame Painter 4. The password is case sensitive, could maybe this be the reason why you were able to register after all?

Regarding you contacting Escape Motions - please note we have not received any email asking for support from your email. I am very sorry about that. It looks like something between Escape Motions domain and Earthlink domain is being broken as we have had a few cases of undeliverable emails with Earthlink customers.

I am happy to hear you managed to register Flame Painter 4 with your Community account's credentials after all.

In order to receive our automatic emails and improve email deliverability in the future please try to add our email addresses [email protected] and [email protected] to your list of contacts.