18.09.2020 12:55
avb27
portfolio

There's one thing I'd like to understand better: in Watercolor Properties, what exactly does Pressure do?

In the Rebelle's Version 3.2 manual, Pressure is described as follows:

Pressure - Set the pressure of the brush (1-100). If
tablet pen pressure is used, you can set the pressure
sensitivity.

But this has always left me a little confused. Is Pressure meant to be used if you don't have a pressure sensitive tablet pen?

How does the Pressure setting interact with a tablet pen's pressure sensitivity? Does it maybe multiply the pressure sensitivity?

From playing around with it, it seems like:

• Size is unaffected by Pressure
  • Loading controls opacity, and this effect gets multiplied by Pressure
  • Water controls diffusion, and this effect gets multiplied by Pressure, although the effect seems kinda subtle

It also seems like high Pressure tends to give brush strokes a hard edge, while low Pressure gives them a soft edge.

Can anyone, especially anyone from Escape Motions' staff, help confirm/disprove/add to my understanding of Pressure?

18.09.2020 09:08
avb27
portfolio

I didn't realize that there's a tutorial that explains this really well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwCi1Z0G6kA

So basically it seems like Pressure is a combined version of Loading and Water.

22.09.2020 09:37
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hi @avb27,

thanks for your post. I believe Jason Maranto explained this in the videoto your satisfaction.
Basically, we introduced the Pressure slider to the Properties panel for those who don't have a pressure sensitive tablet or pen. We are planning on hiding the Pressure slider in the next Rebelle version.

In the current Rebelle, the pressure pen does take the setting of the Pressure slider into consideration.

23.09.2020 04:40
avb27
portfolio

Thank you Veronika!

Also I later realized that there is a FAQ category, so I'll try to post questions like this over there next time....

23.09.2020 09:40
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hi @avb27,

the FAQ category of the Forum is administrated by Escape Motions only so it is not possible to post there. Feel free to post here (Tips&Tricks) or to the Support forum! :)

30.09.2020 04:25
avb27
portfolio

Oh! Good to know, thank you!

One more question: you mentioned the Pressure slider will be hidden in the next version of Rebelle. Does that mean it will still be accessible? I'm finding that I can use it to further adjust brushes while I paint, so at least for me, it still may be a useful feature.

30.09.2020 10:45
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Yes, the Pressure slider will still be accessible and usable in Rebelle 4.