25.10.2020 12:11
Tommy2Tone
portfolio

Hello;

Absolute newbie to this software but so far love it...but with one huge drawback. I have a Dell P2418Ht touch display with a desktop computer...I believe it is 10 point sensitive..but that isn't the problem. I have a pen (or my finger for that matter to draw with (the pen is not interactive just a stylus for touching no pressure setting or anything) I cannot figure out how to utilize my touch screen with this software. It draws with the mouse fine, but when I try to use my finger on the screen (or stylus) it moves the drawing sheet NOT the cursor - Help! I don't see any relevant settings and maybe touchscreens aren't supported ....ummm why not. Will there be a fix in the future?

30.10.2020 10:12
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hi @Tommy2Tone,

thank you for reporting this.
I just talked to my colleague and he seems to be able to reproduce your issue on our touch tablet.
Could you please try one thing - open Flame Painter 4 and paint with the mouse, then grab a pen and paint with the pen. Does it work?

Please make sure the Touch for "Move Canvas" is deactivated in Flame Painter's Preferences > Keyboard shortcut > Tools (hold).

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Veronika

11.11.2020 05:32
Tommy2Tone
portfolio

no, unfortunately it doesn't, I have a touch display/desktop computer

13.11.2020 11:34
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hello @Tommy2Tone,

we have added the issue with the non-working touch to our list of bugs. Thank you very much for reporting it, we will try to fix it for the next Flame Painter update.
28.12.2020 01:00
digochre
portfolio

I have this exact issue, but I seem to remember that when I first installed the application this morning it did work with my stylus. Now, a couple of hours later, all I get is the exact same response cited by the OP.

28.12.2020 01:08
digochre
portfolio

OK, I got it working.

I was using the Wacom settings (they work for Rebelle) but not for Flame 4. After trying the Microsoft Ink setting in Preferences it is now working with my pen.

I hope this is useful.

28.12.2020 01:17
digochre
portfolio

I posted too soon.

When in MS Ink mode the stylus lines draw from where the last line stopped whereas the mouse starts from the new mouse position.

Still trying a few things.