19.05.2018 08:13
MuuSer
portfolio

Is there a possibility to save PNG's with transparent background?

22.05.2018 09:55
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hi MuuSer!

Export with transparent background is not possible in Inspirit yet, however there's a quick workaround:
you can set black or white background in the Inspirit app, create your design and then go to GIMP application's menu: Colors -> Color to alpha. This will turn the background color to alpha. Then save as PNG.

Or, if you have Rebelle 3 you can use "White to alpha" or "Black to alpha" filters.

13.08.2018 11:24
RKlein
portfolio

Exactly the question and answer I was hoping for. Thanks!

11.11.2018 04:36
Preston
portfolio

RKlein:  You are too easy to be placated. 

MOST basic FREE programs have the ability to export a still image to transparent png.   NOTICE that VeroniKa advised you to use the FREE Gimp to convert Inspirit images to png!

SHAME on Escape Motions for not adding transparent pngs to export.   I call that lazy, shoddy development work ... as well as ripping off their customers.

13.11.2018 02:35
Peter Blaskovic
Team Member portfolio

Preston, look at the Rebelle forum. If every user if angry because there is not "his favorite feature" we have forum full of mad people. Imagine there are many users who like Inspirit exactly as it is.

27.02.2020 11:00
franpFR
portfolio

I find it regretfull as well that is is impossible to directly export with transparency.

Not only it is not possible to export with transparency, but the exported file has no alpha channel at all.

The consequence is that in Gimp, you cannot directly "Change Color to alpha" straight from an exported Inspirit PNG.

You must add an alpha channel manually :

Layer → Transparency → Add alpha channel ↖ Layer → Transparency → Color to Alpha