13.08.2018 05:30
alexanderzinss
portfolio

I'd love to have the ability of a "stroke recording" feature for testing and comparison.

Best

Alexander

14.08.2018 01:31
Peter San Juan
portfolio

Hello alexanderzinss, you may try to use screen capture software.  Most of them record screen videos and there are some that are free. 

14.08.2018 11:53
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hi Alexander,

we will consider adding this feature to Rebelle in the future. Thank you very much for your feedback and idea!

14.09.2018 10:10
vitacon
portfolio

Hello alexanderzinss, you may try to use screen capture software. Most of them record screen videos and there are some that are free.

It's not the same thing. Screen recorders usually record evething that happens on screen including zooming, delays, etc.

With stroke recording you should be able to "replay" the whole creation of the image without the unnecessary distraction.

It could also make possible wilder stuff like automatic recreation of  the image in different resolution, with different paper, etc.

I think it would be also a good promo for Rebelle because it would spawn more user videos.

24.09.2018 06:57
morgandesigner
portfolio

I agree to Alexander's point about the usefulness of stroke 'script' recording.  It's a useful feature if you want to create a picture at a high resolution and the brushes and effects have become slow and difficult to manipulate. It's a feature that exists in other painting software  and it allows you to record the creation af an artwork at low resolution and rerun the script recording at whatever resolution you choose.

10.10.2019 11:15
David K Manuel
portfolio

I would love this as a feature! Being able to record an entire painting this way would allow some very cool videos to surface that would otherwise not be possible. Being able to change resolution and paper choice after the painting has been completed would be a powerful feature, but the part that appeals to me the most strongly is the capture of the event in a way that I can play it back while using screen capture to convert the playback to video that I can then cut into tutorials and process videos.

17.06.2021 06:12
harrynft
portfolio

if ibispaint can do it, i believe rebelle 4 next update can do it.

03.10.2021 10:40
PecheJe
portfolio

If you need a reference for this feature, I think ArtRage has the best implementation out there. Not only does it have stroke recordings, but all the other actions (creating and deleting layers, transforms, etc) are recordable as well. Their scripts are human readable and understandable, making it easy to tweak values or even rewrite some parts of a script for my needs. Automation really helps to improve the workflow, and it's the feature Rebelle lacks the most for me personally.