17.04.2022 04:27
BobFF
portfolio

Is it possible to create our own?  If so, how?

19.04.2022 02:59
BobFF
portfolio

BTW, I see that it is possible according to the manual.  The description is a bit vague though.

Does any name with any rgb value work, or are there some specifics that need to be taken into account?

11.05.2022 02:40
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hi @BobFF,

the Pigment color set is meant to be created for the color sets with the real pigments' names. It is just a visual guide in the list of the color sets so you know which sets are based on the real pigments. You still need to turn on the Pigment color mixing in the Layers panel.

All values of the colors, pigment-based or not, are RGB values. For the default color sets in Rebelle 5, we studied the real pigments with a spectrometer and assigned the closest values to them in Rebelle software. You can do it this way or by painting the sample with oils in different proportions with white and then try to find the spectrum on Rebelle's palette.

There are also websites that offer RGB values of pigments, but we did not find them accurate.

11.05.2022 06:13
BobFF
portfolio

Thanks for the info.  I already have a set with names created, so I wanted to make sure there weren't more steps/parameters to watch for.

Is there a text version of the sets you folks created?

08.06.2022 10:30
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hi @BobFF,

unfortunately not, only the PNG file of the color set can be accessed though Help > Show Library folder... > Colors.