11.12.2018 01:53
DaniDuck
portfolio

I have a question about the contest. I feel like I had a good idea of the entries (at least for the Rebelle side of things) and it seems as though some things changed after the deadline. 

I have no problem with not winning the contest. I just feel like tags were added after the contest closed. I know that there are more images on the contest page than after the contest closed. I can see some images were put into multiple categories as well and I don't think that's against the rules but it doesn't seem quite right. 

I don't expect anything to change because of this post. I feel like once a contest closes that there shouldn't be any editing allowed, but even now I can edit my entry. There were so many people who put a ton of time into this contest and submitted correctly. It isn't right that people could change their entries after the contest ended. I really hope some changes come for the next contest. 

11.12.2018 01:16
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hello @DaniDuck,

thanks for posting your question!
No artwork with #contest2018 tag joined the contest after the deadline, please see the rules:
https://www.escapemotions.com/community/contest2018/rules

It is still possible for you to edit your entry's name / description / tags. However if you add the #contest2018 tag on any other picture, it will not become part of the Contest Gallery any more.

11.12.2018 06:22
DaniDuck
portfolio

No, I'm saying they did add the tags after the deadline.

I looked at the entries a week ago, and then looked at them again yesterday. There are definately more entries in the Rebelle catagory. There is no way for the judges to know who added the tags later. When someone adds a tag late they are put in order of being submitted to the gallery. People had their images in the gallery and added the tags later. 

There are a few extra entries that weren't there before and they got prizes. There are also people that entered multiple catagories with the same picture and won, and that's not quite right either.

I'm not asking for a revote or anything, but I think there should be changes for next year. Even if it's just a screen shot of all the entries when the timer runs out. 

12.12.2018 11:38
Jason Maranto
portfolio

I can't speak for the other software, but I was watching Rebelle entries very closely and nothing that won an award was added after the deadline (and nothing new was added after the deadline).