04.02.2019 07:41
jcollinge
portfolio

I'm really enjoying the painting, but have found that there is just enough lag in making parks with ink/pencils, and they don't quite start or land where intended, that I'm finding it unresponsive for this use.

Using a Surface Pro 3.

Anyone have any tips, perhaps tool settings, to increase response time? Perhaps it is doing a too many calculations per stroke.

04.02.2019 01:58
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hello @jcollinge,

Please go to Edit > Preferences in Rebelle and enable Microsoft Ink device in Tablet options, then click OK.
Also switch between Mouse and Pen position to see whether one setting works better than the other and let us know the result, please.

Thanks!
04.02.2019 07:29
jcollinge
portfolio

Thanks for the quick reply Veronika,

I experienced a notable improvement by changing to Pen position!  It greatly improved the starting pressure and starting point of line making.

That totally explains the 'lag' as your pen probably strikes ahead of where the 'cursor' appears on screen.

Perhaps if it detects a Microsoft Ink Device it should be on Pen by default. (double check with team?)

Microsoft Ink Device setting confirmed, I think it auto detects this. Thanks

05.02.2019 01:05
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hi @jcollinge,

great to hear it works well for you now!
Rebelle auto-detects whether you are using Ink or Wintab - however, some tablets were having issues with Pen position, that is why we kept the setting on Mouse by default. We'll check if there is a better way of implementation for this particular setting.