to be fixed 
28.03.2024 11:26
EtherealLucidity
portfolio

Hi there, last night after a day of drawing that I have been working on for a number of weeks. I installed the update 7.1.3 all seemed well and good. Except today the drawing (file) I was working on yesterday is now showing the following error... 

Unable to save the file into 'C:/Users/bethg/Documents/Wacom/Rebelle 6 Saves/skull.reb'.

Error: The file 'C:/Users/bethg/AppData/Local/Temp/Rebelle 7 2024-03-28 14-26-15 3.reb' was not saved correctly.

The file will open and I can make changes however the file will not save as I get the same error.  I have tried making changes and “save as”  as well as save with a different name,  and the file will not save.

So my question is how do I restore the drawing I was working on?

Is there  file "File Recovery Process" ?

I did go to the auto save folder and tried the last auto and redirect that save to the non auto save folder and I still get the same error. 

29.03.2024 06:17
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hi EtherealLucidity,

Are you able to save to other locations than C:/Users/bethg/Documents/Wacom/Rebelle 6 Saves ? Let's say to your desktop.

Try to change the color profile of the artwork to, let's say, sRGB. Can you please try it and save as .REB to the same directory? How is it working?

What color profile were you using with this .REB originally?

Please send us the REB file, we will look into it, and possibly fix it: [email protected]

Also please send us your settings.ini (Rebelle settings) from a session where you can reproduce the problem.
You can access it by going to Rebelle's menu: Help > Show Library Folder > Data.
We will try to reproduce the issue with your settings.

29.03.2024 03:55
fanton
portfolio

Same here, can't save any .reb files at all. Same error shows up at every autosave. Changing the colour profile doesn't seem to do anything either. I've sent my settings.ini file by e-mail.

29.03.2024 07:07
EtherealLucidity
portfolio

Hi Veronika, I have tried your suggestions and the have failed. I have emailed the settings.ini. file.

Thanks

30.03.2024 09:51
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hi EtherealLucidity,

We have not received anything from you. Can you please email it again?

Hi fanton,

Thanks, we have the settings.ini you sent! Please also send the REB file as we are unable to reproduce the issue just with the settings file.
If the REB file includes reference images, please send those as well.

30.03.2024 12:06
fanton
portfolio

Hi Veronica,

thanks to your reply I figured out what the issue is - reference images that can't be loaded are no longer automatically closed in 7.1.3, and unless they are manually removed, the file won't save.

You can see the reference image here isn't loaded, but it didn't prompt me to specify the location when I opened the .reb file (like it did in previous versions). The file won't save unless I remove it.

30.03.2024 03:10
EtherealLucidity
portfolio

Hi there, I sent the email again. Thanks

02.04.2024 12:40
ZuluOneZero
portfolio

Thanks for the solution  - workaround really though isn't it - still lost data.  :_)