23.10.2020 05:42
broacher
portfolio

One of the things that Samsung introduced way back in Note 4, was the introduction of tilt data to its stylus. This was picked up by a few sketching/drawing app developers and it's still there today. I know that it's software, not hardware that provides the tilt data, based on an calculation of the contact pickup oval's length at the contact point. And I have read other articles that say that the reason that ONLY Wacom's Intuos line delivers tilt is because it's a function of interest to only pros or serious amateurs -- and that drives more potential buyers to the more profitable top of the product line. The lower priced pens and tablet styluses CAN deliver tilt, but not necessarily new customers.

But that made me curious -- if Samsung added it to their driver, wouldn't it be possible for a Windows/Mac app developer to add it their apps?

29.10.2020 04:55
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hi @broacher,

we believe it is possible. However, it still needs to be supported by the hardware as not each necessarily sends the information about the "contact oval".