27.10.2020 05:26
sbarton22
portfolio

I'm trying to emulate some of Jean Haines' watercolor techniques. The specific thing I'm trying to do is to paint a thing line loaded with paint, and then pull the paint away from the line with a clean, wet brush (and often in the opposite direction of the paper tilt).

In Rebelle, I can't seem to find the right combination of how to do this. If I try a clean brush at 1 loading, the paint doesn't draw out with it in a diminishing way it might do in real life. If I adjust the loading, then it maintains that color density for the length of the stroke.

I tried switching to painting with water, but the color doesn't want to pull against the slope.

A similar scenario would be if I just make a stroke horizontally across the page with paint. As expected, the paint will start to pool at the bottom of the stroke. In real life, I might drag a  wet brush across the bottom to soften the edge. In Rebelle, how do I do that? The only way I can figure adds more color and always leaves the initial line of the edge of the paint.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Scott

29.10.2020 05:49
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hi Scott,

thanks for posting to the Forums!
I hope we understand what exactly you refer to :) Right now we would suggest you use a softer, larger Blend tool brush. We are currently working on improving the blending in Rebelle so that such techniques like Jean Haines' are possible.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

08.11.2020 01:16
sbarton22
portfolio

Veronika-

Thank you! I will give that a shot. 

I can't wait to see the next rounds of updates!

Scott