We are thrilled to announce today’s release of Rebelle 3 - a powerful upgrade to the most realistic natural media application for Windows and macOS. Based on months of studying the watercolors, brushes, testing hundreds of various papers, and working closely with the art community, a new Rebelle 3 unites tradition and technology with an original approach.
“We put art first. This new version comes again closer to blur the line between traditional and digital painting as it will give the artists an infinite range of expression possibilities packed in a simple interface,” says the founder and head behind Rebelle algorithm, Peter Blaškovič. “Rebelle 3 has made big strides in improving the realism of its world-class watercolor brushes, which can now accurately mimic all sorts of behavior on different paper surfaces.”
Rebelle 3 Key Features
• Ultra-realistic papers - In the new version you can use not only textured paper backgrounds, but also an imitation of real watercolor papers, some of them with deckled - rough and irregular edges. You can get more papersfrom Rebelle website. More different papers and canvases will be available for download in the next months.
• Watercolor simulation code re-design - To adapt to the new papers, a watercolor simulation code has been rewritten to be even more realistic than before. In Rebelle 3 you will be able to change the watercolor behavior and other settings via Visual Settings panel.
• New ‘DropEngine’ - We implemented a unique “DropEngine” especially to simulate drips and connected it with watercolor simulation. Drips behave very naturally - their appearance is influenced by paper structure, stencils, and selections.
• ‘Masking Fluid’ layer - The masking fluid allows you to paint freely over the masked area. Using this handy tool, there’s no need to paint around complex objects laboriously anymore.
• Straight line, Ruler & Perspective tools – Rebelle 3 introduces you to the new useful drawing assistants. You can lock the control points to prevent the ruler from moving by accident, or paint with a freehand, so the lines will not be “too digital” when painting.
• ‘Reference Image’ and ‘Preview’ panel - Reference image panel was one of the most demanded features from Rebelle users. This panel serves as a visual guide while painting. Preview panel is very practical when you work on detail but you don’t want to zoom in & out all the time to see the whole picture.
• Magic Wand - This newly implemented tool will help you create selections based on the tone and color of the pixels.
• Support for pen rotation - Support for brush rotations which is now available by activating Follow Brush, Pen tilt or Pen rotation setting.
• Canvas and Image resize - Other great news is the implementation of ‘Canvas Size’ and ‘Image Size’ - a new tool that will serve for cropping, scaling and resizing your work.
• New „Filter“ menu – This new menu allows artists to make desired color adjustments to their painting, with a help of such as Brightness, Contrast, Hue, Saturation, Lightness, Color Balance and other color filters.
Watch the preview of Rebelle 3 key features:
Rebelle 3 tutorials on Youtube
Be sure to check Rebelle 3 tutorials on our Youtube channel www.youtube.com/EscapeMotions to learn more about the new features and how to use them. We will upload more tutorials in the upcoming days!
How to Upgrade
The full price of Rebelle 3 is $89.99. All existing owners of Rebelle are eligible for more than 50% discount - regular upgrade price is $39.99. Users who purchased Rebelle within the last two months, from March 1st, 2018 are eligible for a free upgrade.
Users can upgrade your Rebelle 1 or Rebelle 2 directly through the application’s menu: “Help” –> “Upgrade to Rebelle 3” or via our Upgrade page. We’ve sent out newsletters as well - check your Inbox to find yours.
Upgrading is optional and the upgrade discount will always be available. You can continue using your Rebelle 1 or Rebelle 2 for as long as you like.
New Registration System
We’ve implemented a new registration system for Rebelle 3 - when you purchase the software you will be redirected to a page where you enter your unique password. After you confirm your email address you will be able to register Rebelle 3 in the startup screen with your Email and Password. No need for a long and boring registration key! Moreover, you can use this password to login to our Community website https://www.escapemotions.com/community/ where you can join a discussion about the software in the forum, get tips and tricks, share your feedback, create your own portfolio, post to online Gallery or download more papers.
We wish you many creative days with the new Rebelle. Let us know how you like it!