Hello our dearest Flame Painter & Amberlight artists!
When we think about you, we imagine creative, inventive, original, playful and impressive human beings with a good taste for art. These are the attributes we believe every Flame Painter and Amberlight user has. And on the top of that, we really think you like to get competitive from time to time.
That’s why we are proud to announce the first Escape Motions artistic challenge in the history!
From November 3rd to November 30th you will get the opportunity to flex your artistic muscles and become extremely creative! We are pretty sure you are hiding plenty of amazing talent from us, so we’ve put together a nice collection of inspirational prizes worth $6,000 to motivate all of you to show off!
HOW TO GET INVOLVED?
Contest has two categories: Flame Painter and Amberlight. Each entrant may publish one artwork to each category. To enter the contest, publish artwork fully or partially created in Flame Painter or Amberlight to the Contest gallery. Using third party software is allowed. There is no predefined topic specified - the entry may be a fantasy painting, a photo manipulation or abstract composition. Your imagination is the only limit.
Uploading Artworks to Contest Gallery
starts on November 3rd, 2014 00:00 CET (contest starts)
ends on November 16th, 2014 23:59 CET
Voting for Artworks via “Likes“ in the Gallery
starts on November 3rd, 2014 00:00 CET
ends on November 30th, 2014 23:59 CET (contest ends)
First five winners in each category will be announced according to the number of “Likes“ their artworks receive in the Contest Gallery.
Two Escape Motions’ Choice Prizes in each category will be selected internally by the Escape Motion team. Submitted works will be judged on the strength of their emotive elements and technical excellence.
And what about the prizes? We’ve carefully selected highly motivational ones:
And what is more, it’s not only the winners who get freebies! Every entrant will receive special discount on Imagine FX subscription and Macphun applications.
You can visit the Contest website to find out more!
We hope this is a great motivation for all of you to have your amazing Flame Painter and Amberlight artworks prepared for November 3rd!
Keep it creative :)
Your Escape Motions Team
Great news guys!
After long months of developing and improving Flame Painter 3, we finally had more time to work on Amberlight 1.2 update.
What you can find in the newest Amberlight 1.2:
- Publish pictures to Gallery
- Send feedback from Menu -> Help -> Send us feedback
- Associate AMB files with Amberlight application
- Tint rotation button
- Fixed tint gradient
- Use actual number of iterations as max number
- More minor bugfixes
YES! You read well. From now on you can publish your beautiful artworks to the online Gallery which Amberlight now shares with Flame Painter. We just cannot wait to see what you have created! Posting to Gallery is very simple: go to the menu, click “File” —> “Publish”, enter your name as an author, your email address and password, your website possibly and hit “Ok”. Your artwork will be posted to the Gallery immediately.
Similarly to Flame Painter 3.1 update, we added the important "Send Feedback" feature to Amberlight as well - you can find it in “Help” menu. You can choose whether you are satisfied with Amberlight (click “Bravo”) or you would like to report a “Bug” or “Idea” for future development. This feature is essential for a better communication between you and our team, it is simple quick and easy as we hope we get even more feedback from you.
Associated AMB files now enables you to double-click on .amb file without the need to open the application first.
With tint rotation button you will be able to set the tint to go from top to the bottom of the canvas or from left to right and vice-versa.
With another button "Use actual value" you can use the value from “Step” as a final value of render iterations.
All Amberlight users can get the update from our Download page after entering Amberlight’s registration details. The update is free for Amberlight users.
You can find Amberlight 1.2 update on Mac App Store as well.
We are looking forward to all your feedback and suggestions! :)
Have a great day and enjoy Amberlight!
Escape Motions team
Hello our dearest friends!
Summer has already started and we hope you have been enjoying its sunny days so far! To enjoy it even more, we have prepared a fresh Flame Painter 3.1 summer update for you.
The most important changes and fixes we’ve included in the new package are:
- New Flame Painter Connect v.1.2
- Drag & Drop PSD files
- Wacom pressure influences also for Pen and Eraser
- Associate FPA files with Flame Painter Application
- Send us feedback from Menu -> Help -> Send Feedback
- Transform layer with keyboard arrows
- Mouse wheel zooms also with Alt key
- Brush Presets panel: added checkbox for keeping your current blending mode while opening brush presets
- Added new menu item: Main Menu -> Help -> Show Online Brushes
- Layers panel: merge with bottom layer if only one layer is selected
- Layers panel: added button “Export to Photoshop”
- Added progress dialog bar for Hi-Res renderer and SVG export
- Layers panel: use (2), (3), … for names of duplicated layers instead of (copy)
- GUI changes in the Preferences dialog
- Fixed: use tablet without pressure influence in Personal Edition
- Fixed: fixed cursor on OK/Cancel buttons while importing an image
- Fixed: viewport boundary frame was 1 pixel off in the top left corner
- Fixed: question dialog box keyboard shortcuts on Mac
- Fixed: communication between FP and the photoshop plugin
- Fixed: PSD export file format fixed bugs and UTF8 filenames
- Fixed: first mouse press after showing the info dialog in painting on vector layer didn’t work
- Fixed: SVG file format includes dimensions and proper safe boundary offsets
You can download Flame Painter 3.1 update and Flame Painter Connect 1.2 update directly from the application’s menu (“Help” —> “Update to 3.1”) or from our Download Page using your Flame Painter 3 registration details. The update is free for Flame Painter 3 users.
Flame Painter 3 on Mac App Store
Grab your 50% discount on Flame Painter 3!
Those of you who still haven’t upgraded your Flame Painter 1 or 2 license, you can do so through our Upgrade page with a great 50% discount. Check the pricing below:
Flame Painter Connect is not compatible with Photoshop CC 2014 at this moment.
Good news is, if you are a Creative Cloud customer, you will be able to install the new version and keep a previous one (CS6 or CC) installed together. This way, you will be able to create nice things with CC 2014 and use CC/CS6 to work with Flame Painter.
Have a great Tuesday!
Your Escape Motions Team