In version 1.1 Mix color mode enables you to pick a color not only from the color set but from the palette and the whole canvas as well. Great feature, non existent in any graphic software has become an inevitable part of Rebelle application. Try it for yourself if you haven’t already, it’s simple and natural: switch the “Mix Color” button from Palette Panel on or hold “X” on your keyboard to mix your color with another color. Press the selected color multiple times to add more color. The mix color mode is adaptive and the result color depends on the difference between two mixed colors.
Example: If you want your red color to be more orange in tint, click on the orange color swatch - the spectrum will move towards the red-orange tint. The more you click on the orange color, the more orange tint it gets.
From version 1.1, the user interface in Rebelle will automatically adapt to users’ high resolution displays and their DPI (or correctly: PPI), so users of Microsoft Surface 3 Pro have nice big buttons.
Other features and changes are:
- Show / hide panels with “Tab” key.
- When color is picked from palette panel, brush tool is automatically selected afterwards.
- Color picker shows previous and new color next to cursor.
- Spinning wheel appears when opening and saving file.
- Click and drag on layers’ “Eye” in Layers panel to show or hide multiple layers.
- Optimized memory usage.
- Brush cursor represents a continuous circle.
There are of course many significant bug fixes we’ve been striving to fix from the first version:
- High CPU usage when doing nothing fixed.
- Opacity issue when merging layers fixed.
- Jumping layers in the stack when merging layers or using undo fixed.
- Key shortcuts available from all panels.
- Fixed mouse buffering when picking color or blowing water.
- 1 pixel wide frame around picture removed.
- Pick color cursor visibility on Mac OS fixed.
If you haven’t downloaded version 1.1 yet, go ahead - update is available on our Download page, free for all Rebelle users. Any feedback you can provide once you use it would be greatly appreciated.
Your Escape Motions team
We are proud to announce the release of Rebelle, the revolutionary and one-of-a-kind real watercolor & acrylic painting application.
Rebelle convincingly mimics the way natural media interacts with the canvas and itself. Its watercolor simulation is based on a real-world color mixing, blending, wet-diffusion, and drying. Users can paint, smear, re-wet dried colors, blow wet washes across the paper, tilt the paper to create water drops and runs and create countless fantastic watercolor effects.
Its various wet tools - watercolors, acrylics or ink pen can be combined with pastels, pencils or any other dry media tools, in wonderfully intuitive ways. With its unparalleled organic feel, it is a one of the must-have’s for every artist’s digital toolbox.
“Many people think they cannot draw or paint at all. Therefore I want to keep creating tools that encourage and liberate people to express themselves.” says Peter, the creator of the original watercolor algorithm and Rebelle application. Peter believes that everyone can be an artist and his vision is to motivate people to be creative.
Rebelle’s full version is available for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit) and Mac OS for $59.99 from May 28th 2015 on Escape Motions website. All users who pre-purchased Rebelle can easily update via Download page at no further costs. Mac App Store edition will be available soon.
Watch Rebelle trailer created in cooperation with amazing artist Tim Shelbourne:
Rebelle’s Key Features
• Unique watercolor algorithm - Watercolor has some of the most complex paint effects and it is tough to simulate these effects in a digital world, but the physics created by Peter Blaškovič, with the help of Michal Fapšo, handles these fluid characteristics beautifully.
• Basic tools that work extraordinarily - Wet tools - watercolors, acrylics or ink pen can be seamlessly mixed with pastels, pencils, airbrush and many other dry-media tools and effects.
• Intuitive easy-to-use interface – Painting in Rebelle is intuitive and uncomplicated, making it ideal for both the professional artist and the beginner alike. There’s a simple interface, with the powerful tools every artist needs.
New features in Rebelle 1.0 include image import, transform layer tool and image tracing. From now on you can easily import .png, .jpg, .bmp and .tif files onto a new layer or drag-and-drop an image directly from any application, file manager or web browser. Let imported pictures serve you as an inspiration with the new tracing tool and easily transform a layer to the desired composition.
We are so excited to share more features that are about to come in future Rebelle’s updates. Here is a brief roadmap of what we plan to include:
- Smoother and faster painting, optimization of watercolor simulation
- Add different brushes shapes - flat, bamboo, etc.
- Custom brushes, shareable in online library
- User color palette groups with palette color names
- Palette Mix mode available also for layers
- Hires paper textures with scaling
- Paint and import Wet mask and masking layer
- Add salt, alcohol, salt water, etc.
- and many more…
You can find more planned features in FAQ section on our website.
The list of the ideas is growing. We will continue implementing new features step by step and will keep Rebelle as simple and intuitive as possible, we promise :)
Your Escape Motions Team
Since the first beta version, we’ve been working on implementing new features and fixing critical bugs and today we are proud to release a stable 0.8.6 version with more optimized watercolor flow. We’ve also simplified and redesigned user interface to make it more natural and easy-to-use.
Download the update from our Download page and share your feedback with us directly from menu: “Help” -> “Send Feedback”. Update is free for all Rebelle users.
HURRY! It’s your last week to grab Rebelle from our website for a special price:
We are planning to release the full version next week. Users who pre-purchase the application now will have access to all core features at no further costs.
If you still hesitate whether Rebelle is the right choice for you and your art, get convinced by users’ artworks and testimonials:
“I have a number of paint programs, Rebelle beats all of those. Hands down. I LOVE it.” - Patricia Godfrey
“The dispersion effect, interaction with paper, blending, smearing, tilt and blowing are absolutely wonderful! The stunning organic feel of the paint once its down is just brilliant… second to none. You are certainly ushering in a brave new world of painting software.” - Stavros Stavropoulos
“Sheer genius!!!” - David Mcguire
“I truly see it has immense potential & is a wonderful tool for all artistic levels. And it is so incredibly intuitive, I practically knew how to use it right away with its tiny learning curve. It’s my new go to painting app.” - Jeanne Corbeil
“You owe it to yourself to check Rebelle!” - Your Escape Motions Team