“It’s an incredible journey! Despite seeing it grow from the first line of code, this new version of Flame Painter surpassed even my own expectations of what it is capable of. Your imagination is the only limit while exploring its possibilities.” says the founder and head behind Flame Painter, Peter Blaškovič. “With Flame Painter 4, a new version of this successful art package, creating and perfecting your digital work has never been more effective.”
• Particle Systems - The software supports a range of simulation types - Flame, Follow, Ribbon, Liner, Elastic and Fuzzy. The package comes with 3 default systems (Flame, Follow, Ribbon) users know from previous versions. Additionally, the new specially designed systems (Liner, Elastic and Fuzzy) are introduced as add-ons to match your specific workflow needs.
We prepared more than 250 brush presets for you to experiment with.
• Particle Brushes - Flame Painter’s organic brushes are a unique solution nowhere to be found in other software on the market. Flowing, lashing, neon, dots, or even tentacle-like brushstrokes create attention-grabbing effects on your designs. Flame Painter 4 is shipped with hundreds of new brushes.
• Brush Creator - Ideal for creating and customizing the brush designs, the advanced Brush Creator with a wealth of adjustable parameters is at your disposal. With newly introduced variables, the range of possibilities of how the brush can look and behave is really limitless.
• Import of Vector Paths - Import an SVG file - either to one layer as a bitmap or to multiple layers as a vector which can be further edited according to your needs. Switch between brushes, edit the brush in Brush Creator or select different colors or gradients to match your specific design.
• Editable Vector Layers - Within a click, the vector brush strokes can be modified to achieve desired results. Flame Painter 4 also lets you import your own vector paths and have the particle brush effects follow them.
• Symmetry Tool - Create beautiful symmetrical artwork with any brush using only a few paint strokes with your mouse or tablet pen. Follow your artistic intuition and choose different colors or gradients to produce a fascinating scene.
Watch the preview of main Flame Painter 4 features
• Advanced Palette Panel - The improved Palette panel gives you many new options for your work. You are able to choose any Color from the Palette which can be displayed as RGB, HSL, HSV, or HSLuv - a special mode which preserves color brightness. Moreover, you can choose from the default list or create own beautiful Gradient transitions for your brush preset and apply them on the stroke, lines or dots. Lastly, you can apply the palette from an Image - this option lets you import your own images.
• Canvas Size - Flame Painter 4 includes new tools to accelerate your creative workflow. Resize of the canvas has been designed to be very easy and interactive - resize by using the control points, or by entering the desired size of a new canvas in the edit boxes.
• Advanced Pick Color Tool - You are able to pick colors from the current layer or all layers with the new Pick Color tool. You can see in detail the previous color, color under your cursor and the newly selected color.
• Selections - Other new tools shipped with Flame Painter 4 include a Selection tool for selecting a specific area of the canvas and performing operations on this selected area. There are various types of selection tool available: rectangular, elliptical, polygonal, freehand and Magic wand.
• Improved Fill Tool - Fill tool enables you to fill not only the whole layer with the selected color or gradient but also the already painted strokes with alpha channel.
• New Filters - Professional color filters under the Filter menu allow you to make desired adjustments to your painting or design, with a help of Brightness, Contrast, Hue, Saturation, Lightness, Color Balance and other color filters. Moreover, ‘Black to alpha’ and’ White to alpha’ are very useful, especially when you import a picture with a background you want to get rid of.
• Photoshop Plug-in - Although Flame Painter works as a standalone application, a complimentary Photoshop plug-in ‘Flame Painter Connect’ is available. This handy tool gives you the possibility of exchanging layers between Flame Painter and Photoshop, making your creative process seamless and easy. Flame Painter Connect for Flame Painter 4 is compatible with Photoshop CC 2015 and higher.
• Extensive Brush Library - Browse hundreds of free brushes in the online brush library created by the developers as well as users and choose the ones which fit your design.
• Multi-touch Support - Flame Painter has complete support for multitouch gestures for Wacom, Microsoft or alternative tablet and trackpad devices, including Astropad application.
As of today, Flame Painter 4 is available from our website for the full price of $89.99 USD: https://www.escapemotions.com/shop/
Flame Painter 4 comes in one edition only. It is a follow-up of Flame Painter 3 Professional edition and there will be no Personal edition available.
All existing owners of older Flame Painter desktop versions are eligible for more than 50% discount - the upgrade price is $39.99 USD.
Users can upgrade their Flame Painter license directly through the application’s menu: Help > Upgrade to Flame Painter 4 or from our Upgrade page or from our shop https://www.escapemotions.com/shop/. We’ve also sent out newsletters to our subscribers - check your Inbox to find yours.
Upgrading is optional and the upgrade discount will always be available. You can continue using your older Flame Painter version for as long as you like.
Users who purchased Flame Painter 3 within the last three months, i.e. from March 1st, 2019 are eligible for a free upgrade. Log in to your Community profile to download the latest version.
We’ve also released three particle systems Liner, Fuzzy and Elastic on our website as add-ons for Flame Painter 4. They can be purchased for $19.99 USD each. All three particle systems are bundled together for an introductory price of $39.99 USD.
Get the particle systems from https://www.escapemotions.com/shop/
Altogether they include 120 brush presets for immediate use, but this is not a final number. We prepared for you even more free brushes available as an instant download from the online Brush library. Particle systems allow you to further create an unlimited spectrum of new brushes in the Brush Creator.
These particle systems are also a part of the new Flame Painter in a special preview mode and you will be able to test all their controls and visual options on a special “preview” layer.
Make sure you purchase the particle system from the same email address you are registered for Flame Painter 4 with. To load them, just restart the software.
Please note Flame Painter 4 no longer supports registration keys. After you purchase you will be asked to create a Community profile - unique username and password. After you confirm your email address by clicking on the link you receive, you will be able to register your Flame Painter 4 with your email address or username and password. If you own Rebelle 3, you already have a Community account - all you need to do is log in to Flame Painter 4 with your details.
We’ve been working on this Flame Painter version for over 18 months. We’ve put everything into it, so sweat and tears of momentary misery and happiness are included. :-) We truly hope you enjoy this new version and all the possibilities it gives you. Let us know how you like it by dropping us an email or via Send feedback option in the Help menu.
…and most importantly - have fun and stay creative! :-)
Your Escape Motions Team
Groundbreaking feature for the next Flame Painter release is the import of an SVG file - either to one layer as a bitmap or to multiple layers as a vector which can be further edited according to your needs. Switch between brushes, edit the brush in Brush Creator or select different colors or gradients to match your specific design. The brush strokes will be applied to the imported vector paths automatically. This will make designing your project extra fun and speed your workflow up. Well, as long as you don’t lose track of time while trying all the amazing possibilities that exist :-)
Flame Painter 4 will feature a new tool for creating symmetrical designs. It will be super easy to create beautiful symmetrical artwork with any brush using only a few paint strokes with your mouse or tablet pen. Follow your artistic intuition and choose different colors or gradients to produce a fascinating scene. And to enjoy this tool more, paint the shapes on a vector layer and watch the design update while switching between various brush presets, particle systems, colors or gradients.
The advanced Palette panel in Flame Painter 4 will give you many new options for your work. You will be able to choose any Color from the Palette which can be displayed as RGB, HSL, HSV, or HSLuv. Moreover, you can choose from default list or create own beautiful Gradient transitions for your brush preset and apply them on the stroke, lines or dots, based on what engine your brush preset was created with. Finally, set how many times the gradient should repeat on the stroke and in what direction - either on length (horizontally) or width (vertically).
( A ) - Single Color, ( B ) - Gradient on Length, ( C ) - Gradient on Width, ( D ) - Gradient on Dots
Lastly, you can choose to apply the palette from an Image - this option lets you import your own images. The image will be mapped on the stroke, lines or dots and can also be repeated on both length and width of your strokes.
Previous Flame Painter versions were missing a few tools which forced artists to switch to Photoshop repeatedly in order to get things done. One of these was a tool for resizing the image. Luckily, Flame Painter 4 will introduce Canvas size - a new tool that will serve for cropping, scaling and resizing your work. Resize of the canvas in Flame Painter 4 has been designed to be very easy and interactive - resize by using the control points, or by entering the desired size of a new canvas in the edit boxes. You will also be able to resize the image and change its DPI accordingly. Size of your canvas in Flame Painter depends only on your computer’s memory.
Another new tool we’ve implemented to Flame Painter is the Pick Color tool. Now you can pick colors either from your photograph to match a specific palette or from your current layer or all layers. You will also be able to set a sample size here.
The next convenient feature in Flame Painter 4 that will make your switch to PS less regularly will be Selections. These are going to help you select a specific area of the canvas and perform operations on this selected area. There will be various types of selection tool available: rectangular, elliptical, polygonal and freehand.
We’re also adding the Magic Wand that will create selections based on the tone and color of the pixels. You can specify the Tolerance, Antialiasing, Contiguous selection, or Use Alpha channel. Tolerance determines the color range of selected pixels, Antialiasing creates a smoother-edged selection, Contiguous selects only adjacent areas using the same colors and Use Alpha determines the alpha channel of selected pixels from the background.
Besides Tile, Glow, and Blur, our development team has implemented standard color adjustments settings to Flame Painter 4 under the Filter menu. The new filters include:
- Brightness / Contrast, Hue / Saturation / Lightness
- Color Balance, Color Filter, Colorize
- Desaturate, Invert
- Black to Alpha, White to Alpha
You will find the last set of filters ‘Black to alpha’ and’ White to alpha’ very useful, especially when you import a picture with a background you want to get rid of.
The improved Fill tool in Flame Painter 4 will be able to fill not only the whole layer with the selected color or gradient but also the already painted strokes. Internally the stroke will be selected with a magic wand tool according to its color, then chosen palette will be applied on this stroke with one click.
We’ve improved the Flame Painter 3′s Transform tool to the new version - it now enables you to move, scale and resize the selected layer or layers. We’ve also added the possibility to rotate layers or selections and flip them horizontally or vertically using one single click or shortcut.
Flame Painter 4 will feature an updated Photoshop plugin - Flame Painter Connect - for exchanging layers. Export layers back-and-forth between Flame Painter and Photoshop quickly and easily.
• Navigator panel to quickly change the view of your artwork using a thumbnail display.
• Drag & drop to easily drag & drop brushes, gradients, images or files directly from the web browser or file manager.
• “New Artwork” window with multiple default size presets available and the possibility to save custom presets in centimeters, inches or pixels with custom DPI.
• Lock in Layers panel in order to lock a layer to prevent it from any unwanted changes, and lock transparent pixels of a layer.
• Preferences panel to set the General, Tools, Tablet and custom Keyboard shortcuts preferences.
Flame Painter 4 will be available on our website next week for the full price of $89.99 USD. All existing owners of Flame Painter are eligible for more than 50% discount - regular upgrade price will be $39.99 USD.
Users who purchased Flame Painter 3 within the last three months, i.e. from March 1st, 2019 will be eligible for a free upgrade.
Moreover, with the release of Flame Painter 4, we’ll also release three particle systems Liner, Fuzzy and Elastic as add-ons on our website. The particle systems can be purchased for $19.99 USD each. All three particle systems will be bundled together for an introductory price of $39.99 USD.
Next week, we will send out newsletters with more information on how to upgrade - definitely check your Inbox so you won’t miss it!
By the time, let us know in the comments what new features you’re looking forward to the most and we’ll pick another winner who’ll get a free copy of Flame Painter 4!
Your Escape Motions Team
A particle system is like the backbone of Flame Painter - a simulation type that defines the brush stroke appearance, its behavior, the way the brush moves as well as many other important parameters. The upcoming Flame Painter 4 will support a range of these particle simulations. The package will come with three different systems that users know from previous versions: Flame, Follow and Ribbon. Additionally, the new specially designed systems will be introduced as add-ons to match your specific workflow needs: Liner, Fuzzy and Elastic.
Despite being part of Flame Painter for a long time, the already known Flame, Follow and Ribbon particle systems are coming to version 4 in a completely different way of implementation. We’ve effectively rewritten their code to make them more versatile and complex.
As you already know, the new version will feature a Brush Creator which now includes many more new controls and sliders. Some controls like Noise, Chaos, Focus, Center or Speed are known from the older Flame versions. We added other new useful sliders as well as a separate ‘Shape’ option which will serve for defining the shape of the stroke as a Fill, Line or Dotted Line.
• Fill evenly stretches the structure throughout the entire stroke. It also lets you use an image texture that will be repeated on the stroke.
• Line consists of multiple lines which create a complex stroke. You can define the shape profile of lines, their width, width jitter or length to achieve a perfect preset for your design. Line Shape also lets you use an image texture.
• Dotted Line allows you to create strokes consisting of dots - set spacing, scatter or opacity jitter of the dots to create perfect bokeh effects, raindrops, snowflakes or flare effect.
Flame Particle System
This is the classic flame particle system for creating diverse effects from realistic fire to random arrangements of particles, light streaks, sparkles and much more.
Follow Particle System
In Follow Particle system the stroke follows the cursor more precisely and is suitable for more detailed paint strokes as well as lines of abstract flares, bokeh effects, orbits or textured brush presets.
Ribbon Particle System
The elegant particle system for creating beautiful design effects. Ribbon’s stroke spreads a bit wider creating flowing, tamed strokes perfect for designing abstract waves, ribbon-like effects that flow with the direction of your stroke.
The other three particle systems are Liner, Fuzzy and Elastic, which are going to be released as add-ons for download on our website. They will be part of the new Flame Painter version in a special preview mode and users will be able to test all their controls and visual options on a special “preview” layer.
Liner Particle System
The liner particle system has a thin flat brush profile with a defined width. You can draw precise lines which may consist of different shapes. It’s a perfect brush particle system for creating defined lines, trails, streaks, and line surfaces. You are also able to create amazing painting brushes, classic lines or different-shaped brushes.
Fuzzy Particle System
A string-based, winding particle system that can stretch its particles along the path perfect for creating effortlessly-looking brushes for painting clusters of abstract as well as specific particles.
Elastic Particle System
Versatile particle system with an elastic brush cursor perfect for adding depth to your presets, creating soft-body effects with various elastic behavior.
The rewritten Flame, Follow and Ribbon as well as the new particle systems Liner, Fuzzy and Elastic will broaden the horizon of possibilities for your images projects and enable you to create much more various results with the life-like Flame Painter brushes. Such a variety of particle systems is a unique solution nowhere to be found in other software on the market. Flowing, lashing, neon, dots, or even tentacle-like brush strokes will create attention-grabbing effects on your designs. The particle systems of Flame Painter 4 will surely become useful tools to your arsenal of the creative bag of tricks.
What brushes and particle systems are you looking forward to making in the new Flame Painter? Let us know in the comments! This Thursday we’ll be talking about other new features that are planned for Flame Painter 4, make sure you don’t miss it. :)
Your Escape Motions Team